Help with a Villain (thanks in advance)

WonderStuff

Here's my "problem". Any comments would be appreciated.

A PC (Wonder Stuff, my screen name and excellent 80's Alternative band) is a shape changer much like Plastic Man. A Master Villain )MV) has taken a body tissue sample from WS and cloned it. The result of the cloning resulted in lots of mini-Wonder Stuffs ( I call them Stuffies). The Master Villain uses a machine to communicate telepathically with these Stufies and command them.

The Stuffies can use their powers (such as shape changing into a transportation sled, guard MV with Missle Deflection, etc) with minimal thought/effort from MV. He can give them a command and the keep doing it. Sort of with Animal type intelligence. If they are ordered to Bash on Enigma, they will stop after he is unconscious and may (or may not) attack another Hero without any word from MV.

The Stuffies can conglomerate and become a single form with, say, 40 STR, 4d6 Entangle, Missle Deflection UOO. A portion of Stuffies can break away from the Main Stuffy and work independently. Basically the Large portion would become 30 STR, 3d6 Entangle, etc. The Stuffies that broke away would be 10 STR, 1d6 Entangle, etc. Some Powers such as Running, Clinging, etc. would remain and not diminish.

Here's what I'm thinking about so far...(This is a NPC Master Villain, so I can 'wing' some things, but I don't want to go into a scenario/combat without a firm basis)

Treat it as a MP for MV. This would reflect the Stuffies getting weaker as they breakapart into smaller units. Apply Limitations to reflect the physical form of the Stuffies. Advantages would include Continuous (to reflect attacks that recur without thought from MV) The ADVs and LIMs would be lengthy.

The next hard part would be to reflect the fact that there can be more than one attack from the MV with all these Stuffies running around doing his bidding.

I'm thinking about bumping MV's SPD up significantly (maybe 11 or 12) with the Lim, only usable to control Stuffies.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. You may e-mail me or post any questions, clarifications or aswers.

Thanks

Actually I would go with a Summon and ask SuperSquirrel how he made his bunnies (lots of bunnies being able to combine)

If you do the MP thing, then the Villain can't really change his powers easily. If it's a Summon, you can cater the Summon to the bio material he has on hand.

Thanks Shadow Pup,

When I was thinking about bumping his Speed, I was kind of thinking about making it 11 or 12. The Heroes (5) are based on SPD 5. This might him and the Stuffies to get enough actions in, change MP slots, etc. Hmmm but maybe not. Let's see, 5 heroes at SPD 5 get 25 actions vs. 12 Actions for MV. Maybe a differnet plan.

I'll look into your Summon idea.

Thanks again,

WS

Re: Help with a Villain (thanks in advance)

Originally posted by WonderStuff

The result of the cloning resulted in lots of mini-Wonder Stuffs ( I call them Stuffies). The Master Villain uses a machine to communicate telepathically with these Stufies and command them.

This part sounds to me like a Mind Link, limited group.

The Stuffies can use their powers (such as shape changing into a transportation sled, guard MV with Missle Deflection, etc) with minimal thought/effort from MV. He can give them a command and the keep doing it. Sort of with Animal type intelligence. If they are ordered to Bash on Enigma, they will stop after he is unconscious and may (or may not) attack another Hero without any word from MV.

The Stuffies can conglomerate and become a single form with, say, 40 STR, 4d6 Entangle, Missle Deflection UOO. A portion of Stuffies can break away from the Main Stuffy and work independently. Basically the Large portion would become 30 STR, 3d6 Entangle, etc. The Stuffies that broke away would be 10 STR, 1d6 Entangle, etc. Some Powers such as Running, Clinging, etc. would remain and not diminish.

At first, I was thinking this would be a good use for Followers but after review, this sounds to me like a combination of the Summon and Duplication powers. I realized that MV might not have the control you describe if the Stuffies are just followers. I think making allowing MV to Summon the main Stuffy (the large one where they are all combined), is the best option. Then give the main Stuffy the power of Duplication. With a simple half phase action, the main Stuffy can break down into as many Mini-Stuffs as you like. You could even take a limitation on some of Stuffy's powers, so that when the he breaks off one or more Duplicates, he loses an appropriate amount of his own power (a -½ limit if you ask me). For a 10 point adder to the Duplication power, you can even give the dupes Easy Recombination so they can combine at will as a Zero Action with full DCV.

Here's what I'm thinking about so far...(This is a NPC Master Villain, so I can 'wing' some things, but I don't want to go into a scenario/combat without a firm basis)

Treat it as a MP for MV. This would reflect the Stuffies getting weaker as they breakapart into smaller units. Apply Limitations to reflect the physical form of the Stuffies. Advantages

would include Continuous (to reflect attacks that recur without thought from MV) The ADVs and LIMs would be lengthy.

That could possibly work, but sounds very convoluted as a solution. I think allowing MV to summon the main Stuffy, which can then break into duplicates in only half a phase should suffice for what you are describing here. Then give yourself a limitation for any of the powers that reduce (such as STR, Entangle, etc).

The next hard part would be to reflect the fact that there can be more than one attack from the MV with all these Stuffies running around doing his bidding.

I'm thinking about bumping MV's SPD up significantly (maybe 11 or 12) with the Lim, only usable to control Stuffies.

That will be a big problem if you want the Stuffies to have separate actions from MV. If you have him buy the Stuffies as a Summon (completely loyal), you can give them whatever SPD you want and they act independently of MV. All he has to do is command them with Mind Link (as completely loyal summons, they will always accept the link from him, as well as any order he gives).

I hope this helps you. Great concept, by the way!

Helpfully,

Steve

Summon Looks Great

I like the Summon/Duplication Special Effects the best. I know I'm going to "wing" a lot, but having the basic source or their powers and the gmae effects that generate them is a HUGE help.

I hadn't even thought of the Summon ability. That helpful tip alone is worth sparing your lives from the Pink liliPutian Patsies known as the Stuffies. :)

Thanks so much.

If anyone else has any other suggestion/ideas, chime in.

Thanks again,

Mark (WonderStuff)

"I didn't like you very much when I met you,

And now I like you even less"

Unbearable Wonderstuff