a GRIMM question

bubba smith

I guess it would depend on what system you chose to use. I mean, you could play it in any of them. Also in GURPS, for that matter. Personally, I'd probably go with Monster of the Week (an Apocalypse World hack for playing games like Buffy/Supernatural/Dresden Files and so forth).

Genre-wise Grimm fits into the Modern Fantasy category, which has been hot lately (Lost Girl, Witches of East End, Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, Constantine, Bitten, etc.). It is basically the same territory covered by MHI, and so I suppose MHI might be a good source of advice for adapting Grimm into RPG form. And Fantasy Hero, along with its bestiary, could potentially help a GM who isn't comfortable translating the magic and monsters of Grimm into Hero System form on his own. But I don't think you can take anything as-is from any Hero genre/setting book, except maybe modern weapons and vehicles, since Grimm has its own unique mythology.