Lost Protectors campaign characters

Mathew Robert Ignash

A friend of mine is currently trying to get a Kickstarter going to make some 6 inch tall action figures. He showed me some of the fiction behind, so I decided to write up some of his characters for Champions RPG, 4th edition (my favorite!).

The line/campaign is called "Lost Protectors". The main hero of the game is a guy named Astroblast, who is an "intergalactic hero" on a mission. He was a normal human in a space suit/powered armor. He was also granted some mystical powers over lightning from an ancient gladiator he met. He's a 350 point hero, plus he had 100 points worth of magic electrical powers when on the campaign.

Other characters written up so far include Jetstrike, a washed up no-body who steals a suit of armor from a dead space hero and takes his identity. He not only has to worry about the bad guy, but about other heroes figuring out he's not the real Jetstrike!

350 point hero.

The two villains written up so far include:

Bloodbath - A slobbering alien vampire who seeks to overthrow the alien vampire king and take his place. 350 point villain.

Desolataur - Space demon with purple flame breath and a wide variety of magic powers.

All four characters are up at my site now.

http://home.comcast.net/~mathewignash/champions.html

I'll let you know if he succeeds in getting the Kickstarter going for the action figures, if anyone cares for those.

--CHARACTER NOTES--

Astroblast - He is a former astronomer and leader of the main hero team, the Lost Protectors, and member of the larger interstellar force of heroes known of the Protector Armada. Astroblast was from a family of heroes who he believed was destined to become one of the elite of the Protectors, the Strikers. Sadly he failed to bond with a Striker suit and only bonded with a normal Aegis armor. Like all Protectors is bonded to an Aegis armor, a mystical suit of armor that contains numerous technological and mystical powers. It protects him, increases his strength, lengthens his lifespan, can summon it's weapons from hyperspace, translate languages, allows him to fly. His main weapon is an electrically charge whip. He also has access to a mystical power called the Living Lightning, which allows him to discharge electricity from his hands. The suit can also convert into a simple cloth jumpsuit at will, but only has powers when it's activated. The suit can be removed, so it's an inaccessible focus. The suit has a homing beacon, which I did as a distinctive feature, based on the Adept Distinctive Feature from Mystic Masters. Because of it all people in Aegis armor can sense him, and he can sense them. He has a small robot drone companion named R-Brand who can turn into a small jet or combine with his armor to form a rifle, jet pack and shield. Although R-brand is a robot, he's bought as a living being, since he is mystically brought to life. He has an ego, bleeds (leaks fuel) and is otherwise liek a simpleminded sentient being. He always follows Astroblast's lead and is not very imaginative.

Here are concept pictures of Bloodbath the space vampire and Desolataur the space demon.

Bloodbath-art4.jpg

Desolataur-art3.jpg

Bonus! Just to show they are working on making these guys into action figure, here is some work on the digital sculpt for Desolataur. They are making 3D Prints of this guy soon. Then if the Kickstarter succeeds, making an injection mold of him!

Desolataur-render2.jpg

Just posted 4 more character sheets today, these are the Followers for the first four characters. They are collectively called tech drones. 3-4 inch tall robots made of guns, shields and backpacks for the large figures.

They are written up as 250 point Followers for our heroes and villains.

http://home.comcast.net/~mathewignash/champions.html

Here you can see the concept art and first prototype of one, called D-Throne. His arms are laser cannons, his legs are a shield and his body is a jetpack.

Bloodbath-art4.jpg

Bloodbathtechdrone-art.jpg

Dthrone-prototype1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Kickstarter is live NOW!

The inital offering is 5 action figures, that are various demons and vampires. There are also more figures that are unlockable goals and lots of accessories.

If you are interested, or have any questions, let me know.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/44339820/play-with-this-too-lost-protectors

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the biography for Desolataur:

Desolataur-bio.jpg

Here is his Hero RPG characters sheet:

http://home.comcast.net/~mathewignash/PDFs/DESOLATA.pdf

and here is the Kickstarter you can pledge to get a 6 inch action figure of Desolataur for $55, plus it comes with a free transforming tech drone, and a free chainsaw platypus figure!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/44339820/play-with-this-too-lost-protectors

Just started on working on some of the fun little robot sidekicks in the setting today. The first is called Ray Man the Manta-Ger.

He's a robotic manta ray who works as a fight promoter for the third strongest man in the universe. He also break apart into a camera and a battle axe.

I will decided that the camera holds his intelligence, and is the actual character. He has minimal movement in this form, just hopping around. The axe has jets and water thrusters in it to allow him to move around, and attack people, so without his axe he's pretty useless in combat.

I will also be working on Bearold and Monoscream, two other bizarre robot animal sidekicks.

post-51589-0-25832100-1426949099.jpg

post-51589-0-20761400-1426949109.jpg

post-51589-0-25832100-1426949099_thumb.jpg

post-51589-0-20761400-1426949109_thumb.jpg