One of the reasons I haven't posted any stats yet is that I am considering an alternative to Hero. The problem with that is finding a system. My first inclination is towards a percentile system. I know a lot of people dislike percentile systems, but I think that they can be a little more granular than Hero is. I have been reviewing Star Frontiers and Top Secret S.I. for inspiration. I recall both as fun systems but I might be viewing them through the lens of nostalgia. I do know that I want to have something that balances, as much as possible, a fast playing resolution system with enough crunchiness to satisfy the Herophile in me. I've considered BRP and a survival horror game that I found on RPGNow. I'm just not in the market to spend money on a system that I may or may not use.

Until I settle on a system, I should probably focus on non-mechanical aspects like maps and story background stuff.

Probably nostalgia. I haven't looked at those specific rules lately, but for systems I have looked at, I seem to remember that they still tend to break down into maybe a 20-point spread (20 ranges) for the effects that characteristics have.

I dunno. For a major part of the actual Gemini Ascendant campaign, the setting was the Frontier from Star Frontiers. It was only the advent of 6E that we officially changed the setting. It might be interesting to go back to the rules that went with the original setting. I've been looking them over and, aside from random character creation, the (Star Frontiers) rules are really quite elegant. I need to delve deeper into them to be certain and I will almost certainly have to plug-in some sort of point buy character creation "module" but I think it may not be a bad thing.

I'll keep you posted.