• Mole Man
    • Blastaar
    • Molecule Man
    • Diablo
    • Puppet Master
    • Super Skrull
    • Mad THinker

Subby! Great choice @zslane

But he'd have to be the guy who does the heel-face turn half way through. Which would still beg the question who's the real villain.

As to the list...

NOT Puppet Master. Introduce Felicia (Alicia?) some other way. Don't know who Diablo is. Regards Mad Thinker although I know the name I know nothing about him. Molecule Man is too... I dunno... lacking in charisma. Super Skrull is okay but I worry that introducing the Skrull would take a lot of movie. They would definitely work better as being in the background for one movie and coming in in full force the one after.

That leaves Blastaar and the Negative Zone.

The Negative Zone works for me as a great example of the whole "science explorers" thing that the FF do. Weird space with weird beings. All nice and simple, which is good for a movie. But I'd go Annihilus over Blastaar.

Or Mole Man.

He's a bit lame. But the stealing buildings thing is cool.  And his nefarious subterranean shenanigans could be the thing that provokes Submariner. Mmm.

In the end I've voted Blastaar but really it's a vote for Annihilus.

How's that for a whole pile of equivication.

Edited by DrunkonDuty

Mole Man has the advantage of requiring the FF to be the "explorers of the unknown" they were in the comics, focusing on examining the strange and scientific rather than creating their own problems like 90% of superhero movies.  Seriously, if the superheroes just had left things alone or not become superheroes, most of these movies wouldn't actually have a conflict, particularly Fantastic Four.

I fantasize about Marvel getting the FF back from Fox and doing their own proper take on them. And I like the idea of making Namor the villain for two reasons: first, they could pull an Apollo Creed and have him become a powerful ally in a future film, and second it would give Marvel yet another opportunity to show up DC who can't figure out how to get Aquaman into a movie.