Niche Rules: Competitive Eating?

Ragitsu

Give each player a bag of Cheetos, grab a stop watch, ready, set, go!

I'm referring to a competitive eating contest between characters, not players :tsk::yes: .

(As an aside? Cheetos are rather weaksauce for the purposes of testing gastrointestinal fortitude.)

Have you ever tried to eat a bag of Chito's or saltines as fast as you could come up in your mouth and it makes it really hard to swallow eventually have to stop or drink something. I would say go ahead and shoot for the players do it and say okay how you will you do that that will your character does. Especially if you get it on video that you can post here. .

There is no rhyme nor reason to competitive eating.  You'd think the bigger, the better, but that is often not the case.  What does matter is practice and technique.  I would probably create a CON based background or hobby everyman skill of some sort.  Something like that.  then, if you wanted to get good at it, you spend some points, but everyone can eat and make a crack at eating a lot and quickly.

Then there are different sorts of competitive eating.  You have the volume contests, but you could also have the unusual substance contest, like eating a spoon of cinnamon powder.  Yum.

Is there some sort of "Strong Stomach" Perk that i've missed?

I'm pretty sure no, plus I would use that for spoiled meat or something, not this.

How about making it a PS based on... con?

Or better yet: any time you run into one of these things that people appear to be randomly good at or not, everyone who wants to can roll 2D6+3 for their attribute (and thus skill mod) for this random talent--massive overeating, able to curl your tongue, does capsaicin make you sweat buckets?, are you left handed (11+ on 2D6)? Stuff that you shouldn't have to pay points for, and yet are not something you should just be able to choose, and there's some real variation in the population. :rofl: