Base Defense: Sonic towers

wick

I am doing some base design and I wanted to surround the base with multiple towers that create an invisible fence. Basically as you approach you take stun damage, no normal defense: deafness, flash Defense hearing group . The SFX is sonic high frequency knocks out anyone approaching within a few hexes of the towers.

Just a few ideas on generally how to do this:

-I was thinking force wall circle around the base with an EB linked to force wall with damage shield. Maybe make towers immobile foci but not sure if I should buy as multiple foci or just link multple instances of the EB. This is looking quite pricey. Opponents encountering a section of fence can destroy the towers but that just breaches that zone. Although most opponents would just attack on breach rather than multiple points.

-or maybe it is simpler to just make an EB with a large AoE with Hole in the middle but have some modifier to describe its effect through multiple foci .

Problems with these builds are that the costs add up with the advantages. Continuous, NND, invisible power affects, AOE, etc the base is kind of sprawling 80 hexes with 80 more for the grounds. I am trying to keep it a reasonable cost. EB should only be a few D6, enough to stop a person for sure

So hyper man suggests just paying straight up for each tower? I am still working out the floor plan for the base and grounds, but that could be a lot of towers at 30 points a pop. At his stats the tower takes up 1 hex and extend out with 8 m radius (4 hexes) so covers 9 hexes of fence line. Now would need the length of the fence to determine number of towers needed for full coverage. Making some assumptions and off the top of my head calculations that shout be 7 to 8 towers so 240 points of towers.

How does change environment cause stun? Will have to take a look at that, since I had not considered that before. Not sure a -2 to stun would be very effective either.

Stunning for Change Environment was introduced in one of the Advanced Player Guides.  I'm sure the final costs and effectiveness could be moved around quite a bit.  I've used a similar build to model tasers as well.  Some folks dislike it but I think it's better than how I did it in 5e using Suppress vs. Stun.

see this old thread for more info:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/topic/89999-help-with-electric-based-entangle/?p=2388803

I am doing some base design and I wanted to surround the base with multiple towers that create an invisible fence. Basically as you approach you take stun damage, no normal defense: deafness, flash Defense hearing group . The SFX is sonic high frequency knocks out anyone approaching within a few hexes of the towers.

Just a few ideas on generally how to do this:

-or maybe it is simpler to just make an EB with a large AoE with Hole in the middle but have some modifier to describe its effect through multiple foci .

Problems with these builds are that the costs add up with the advantages. Continuous, NND, invisible power affects, AOE, etc the base is kind of sprawling 80 hexes with 80 more for the grounds. I am trying to keep it a reasonable cost. EB should only be a few D6, enough to stop a person for sure

You won't need hole in the middle. The towers themself (as foci) have immunity to stun damage. During maintenance personal could just put on ear-protectors that make them effectively deaf/give 1 hearing Flash defense.

Keep in mind that just puttng your hand over your ears makes you "deaf enough", the same way closing your eyes against a sight flash does.

Instead of 0 END you could give them a power supply (Endurance Reserve). Maybe make that a base generator.

Making a fence invisible half deafeats the purpose of having a fence. There can be telltales without an obvious visible effect. Like all plants in the field dying quickly, creating a visible "dead zone" between the towers.

For the AoE with hole in the middle I was thinking one source in the middle of the base. You don't want to zap the base occupants. This was one options but I like the many sources along the perimeter instead.

The base is secret villain base. Any snoopy people end up as experiments for the mad scientist. Since the towers could be destroyed by attack it is better they are a surprise. "What are these strange tow...*the hero collapses mid sentence*