Loremaster

steph

would you agree for  a character like a loremaster ( master of knowledge ) to take a skill like  universa translate but for knowledge ?

- Universal Knowledge 20 points

(based on intelligence)

with that talent the character don't have to take separate KS. This skill covert the general knowledge of the world. 

excuse my english 

steph

Another way I have done it is by allowing the player to buying KS:Everything-30. Then we agreed ahead of time that as a default everything is so broad that he will have -20 in addition to any other penalties I declare.

When I made a character of my own with this concept I used...

Detect - Answers -33 (very broad group), discriminatory, analyze, +20 perception with sense.

The character suffered a minus to his perception role based on how far he would have to go to get the information either in time or distance. For example if the nearest book with that information was 200 miles away and was destroyed 100 years ago we would use the timetable to show 100 years in the past and 200 miles distance. Then taking the higher modifier for the 200 miles distance we would use that as the penalty to my perception wrong. This represented my characters chances of having studied or researched the information before and was used to supplement is already existing knowledge specialties from the library that he was at. It was a great way of showing that the character good travel a lot and pursued knowledge with a passion.