Supers Image game

phoenix240

The Difference Engineer

He comes from a different time line where the first computer was developed by Charles Babbage, the Difference Engine. And he was one of the people who worked on it until the time line was altered by an American who would insist that it never worked and that Americans developed the first computers including preposterously computers in the home. So now The Difference Engineer has come to restore balance and make the timeline what it was. This computer tech can knock out modern tech which renders most battlesuits useless which confirms his theory that his timeline was the correct one and the current one is the right one.

I like this and the possibilities He could just be a deluded mutant with technopathic powers, a crosstime traveler disoriented by his journey and experiencing a kind of psychosis as a result or maybe...he's right? What does that imply about how things are and how will the hero's deal with that. It could be allot fun finding out. 

Master Shatter, the evil cousin to TMNT's own Master Splinter.

You need a lot more that that to win.

My own version was this. Dragons were the ones who taught Kung Fu to the Chinese that is why you have moves like 'Tail sweeps the ground' and 'Claw of ' whatever beast. He works for the VIPER analogue training their agents in Kung Fu.

Blood Dragon, the title humans have gave him, is a left over, a remnant of primordial race of intelligent reptilian humanoids that were killed off countless millennia ago in a comic mishap. Sanguine Dragon, a monk and spiritualist of his kind was off, in a hidden cave hidden in the moutains in what would one distant day be Asia, lost in a meditative hibernation so profound his students would have to awaken him. 

They never came. 

Later when disturbed a landslide, Blood Dragon awoke ages later to a world totally unknown to him, his people, their society and works gone. Confusion, despair and unimaginable lose drove the normally peaceful Blood Dragon mad and his rage turned on to the hairless apes that had, to his unbalanced mind, usurped his people's place... perhaps even engineered their fall! He became a true terror, using his might, martial prowess and mystical skills to embark on a reign of terror. Yet some spark of his conscious always held and held back, causing injury and terror but not death not directly except in honorable duels. 

Eventually he came to the attention of Yeng-Tao temple who dispatched one of their most powerful fighters, Xian Wu, to deal with draconic terror. The two warriors met in a pitched battle, neither able to gain the desicive upper hand they had time to learn each other their fighting style and spiritual auras. Xian Wu sensed their was good in this strange creature buried in madness born from boundless greif and Blood Dragon saw echoes of his people's teachings, martial and otherwise in the human actions and words. Perhaps somehow they'd survived or were indeed eternal truths waiting to be discovered by the wise and diligent. 

So their battle ended in  draw and truce and Xian Wu took Blood Dragon back to Yeng-tao where the healers and teachers were able to restore his balance and bring him some measure of peace. In gratitude, he joined the temple, adding his teaching to theirs. Blood Dragon is now a respected if unusual sifu and scholar and one of the more exotic aspect of the temple. His introspective and scholarly nature have mostly reasserted themselves but he does enjoy some sparring and the temple's superhuman students often offering a rousing challenges and the lesson to be learned in victory and defeat. He also wishes to atone for his misdeeds while in the grip of madness and sometimes ventures out to deal with mystic and martial threats. He accept the name “Blood Dragon”, the name given him by terrified victims as additional penance so he will never forget his shameful behavior. 

On one recent journey, Blood Dragon heard rumors of some human “technology” genetic reconstruction. Though he's not sure of the particulars, he believes it may be a way to bring his race back from extinction. And plans to travel to the island he heard off where such experiments are being conducted to ask for their help. 

• 2 weeks later...

[footage of late 19th / early 20th century train chugging down the tracks, but the engine looks higher tech than one would expect]

[interior of engine, with similar high-tech look; train engineer is adjusting dials and flipping switches, while speaking into a speaking tube connected to what looks like an early radio transmitter]

"BPS arm switches on, here comes the throttle."  The engineer pushes a lever forward, and the engine noticeably increases in speed; he pulls a release lever, and the rest of the rail cars disconnect and the engine pulls quickly away from them.  "We have separation.  Coming forward with the side-stick."  He pulls another lever, and the engine increases in speed yet again.

Suddenly, there's a loud BANG! and the engine shakes violently on the tracks as various dials spike into the red.  The engineer looks worried, but is maintaining his composure as he flips switches and adjusts dials.  "We've got a blowout, Amber-3.  Throttle's out, I can't hold the track."  The speeding engine rocks on the tracks, the wheels squealing in protest.  Minor explosions on other parts of the engine send parts flying.  "Ground-comm, I can't hold it.  She's breaking up, she's breaking up!"

[footage of train engine derailing and crashing through the trees]

[switch scene to early 20th century operating room]

(announcer voiceover)  "Steven Astor, engineer.  A man barely alive."

[blueprints and diagrams of intricate mechanisms]

(Nicola Tesla voiceover)  "Gentlemen, we can rebuild him.  We have the technology.  We have the capability to make the world's first Electro-Magnetic man.

[more footage of operating room, plus engineers assembling robotic limbs]

(Nicola Tesla voiceover)  "Steven Astor will be that man.  Better than he was before.  Better.  Stronger.  Faster."

[footage of Astor, his robotic limbs shiny as he runs down a dirt road, passing Model-T cars as if they're standing still]

Astor, aka Steamborg, is the $60,000 Man.

(Nicola Tesla voiceover)  "Gentlemen, we can rebuild him.  We have the technology.  We have the capability to make the world's first Electro-Magnetic man.

[more footage of operating room, plus engineers assembling robotic limbs]

(Nicola Tesla voiceover)  "Steven Astor will be that man.  Better than he was before.  Better.  Stronger.  Faster."

[footage of Astor, his robotic limbs shiny as he runs down a dirt road, passing Model-T cars as if they're standing still]

Astor, aka Steamborg, is the $60,000 Man.

I too me up to the tesla sentence to get it, but then it was obvious. And I just rewatched the 6 millon dollar man intro.

You included everything, down to the beginning background chatter.

Bronze - a alloy of copper and various other metals - has been the main crafting material of humanity for millenia. But in the end it was surplanted by Iron, wich gave way to steel. Now nothing but artifcats remain.

The Aegis - a shield - might be such an artifact. Or not. It is unlike any other bronze item in that is supernautrally hard. In fact some have called it "indestructible", but that is not even scratching the surface (literally):

While the metal itself might not be as impressive, it's Passivation layer certainly is. Similar to Aluminium and Silicon, Copper tends to create itself a Anti-Oxydation layer by oxydising. Except the case of the Aegis this layer is harder then even questionite or vibranium (wichever universe you are in).

In fact the passivation layer on the aegis is so hard and so quickly reforming, any atempts to identify what it was made of failed. It is literally to hard and energy abosrbing for any analysis technique ever tried.

The same passivation layer also makes any atempt at putting markings on it impossible wich resulted in it being entirely blank. Even if it was possible, any atempt would entirely block out the passivation effect on the treated surface making it (potentially) incredibly vulnerable to attack.

Without any cultural markings, natural wear and other telltales it is entirely unclear who made the aegis, when it is was made or even how long ago it was made.

It could be anywhere between 1 years or as old as the universe.

The Scarlet Shield is a burglar that first appeared about 1 year ago, brandishing the Aegis. He temporarily lost it (wich resulted in the thorough analysis featured above), but quickly retrieved it. It is unclear from where he has the shield. However since he appears to be mostly a glory hound it seems unlikely he made it himself. His crimes seem more concerned with gathering (media) attention, then actuall accumulation of wealth.

While he is not exactly know for violent burglary, he still has a bronze rapier (made of a more conventional but stell extremely durable bronze alloy), is an expert swordsmans and athlethe and will happily engage any Superhero who dare stop him in a fight. If the heroes even get there, as he tends to stay just below the attention of any bigtimer, while also picking targets that garner enough media attention.

As such he has avoided capture and (except for that time he lost his shield) even leaving much of any traces for now.

Many a Superhuman crafter (both hero and villain) and Historian would love to get thier hands on the shield, to crack the "Aegis Conundrum" and maybe replicate the metal for whatever plans they have. But all they can do is live with the realisation that it rests in the hands of a common burglar, who might not even appreciate what a unique item it is and is only a villain for the attention.

Note: As one might guess, the Aegis is heavily based on Captain Americas Might Shield. Except it is Bronze Alloy, not a Vibranium/Steel alloy.

• 2 weeks later...

While I love the name and concept of Captain Swashbuckler, I think Scarlet Shield edges him out a bit.  So Christopher, the next one is up to you.

I got nothing of the top of my head. And all the stuff I do have, I am not certain if I posted them already.

I am certain I had something back when I wrote the Scarlet Shield, but I can not remember it right now.