Supers Image game

• Please log in to reply
457 replies to this topic

#441 steriaca

steriaca

Misspellian Master

• 4,469 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:53 PM

Nice how we all agreed that the cape is a portal of some sort, and it is driving the wearer to evil/crazy.

Eather sent via Libary Computer or my cellphone. I do not own my own computer. Creator of bad spellings, and stuff both great and stuff only great inside my own mind. Warning: I may be published one day.

#442 Opale

Opale

Standard Superhero

• 682 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:11 PM

Well the picture literally "oozes" it

What's wrong with my mind ? It's as simple as [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#443 Christopher

Christopher

Awesome Programmer

• 8,845 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 04:32 AM

Thanks! I'm glad you liked Horseman War. 

Does this image give anyone ideas?

36468030124_f98584a9b7_o.jpg

"People always think it is the cape" - the Demon Seer.

Trevor Sight had the gift of magic, but it seemed it was a useless one in his case: He had no real knack for spells, curses or anything else but self defense and utiltiy spells. The only part he was somewhat good was summoning and controling of extradimensional horros. Somewhat because while he was good at controlling and summoning them, he had issues targetting them with his minds eye for he suffered from a form of Face Blindness when it came to said extradimensional horrors. A really vexing combination of traits.

The solution turned out to be rather simple: The Seer glasses. These deceptively simple shades allow him to see into those extradimensional spaces without loosing sight of the real world and actually see the beings he is summoning. With those his extended training in summoning really kicked off. As he has to summon portal for the being on a "plane surface" and he likes to show off his control a bit, he tends to summon them on the inside of his cape. But that is not a actually requirement and even the ground or the enemies constume would do. As such many enemies have asumed it is the cape that maters, never going for the glasses that actually do mater.

• phoenix240 likes this

#444 phoenix240

phoenix240

Millennial Master

• 2,395 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:07 AM

Nice how we all agreed that the cape is a portal of some sort, and it is driving the wearer to evil/crazy.

It is cool when part of the image 'click' like that. 

If I was more ambitious and had more talent and free time, I'd suggest compiling these characters in a pdf NPC book.  :) 

#445 phoenix240

phoenix240

Millennial Master

• 2,395 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:39 AM

First, i want to say that I was very impressed by all the submissions and their similar but distinct spins on the image. They almost could have been reimaingings of the character for different 'ages' of comics from Gold to Silver to Bronze/Iron. It leaves me in a little bind since I liked all of them but I have to pick one.. so with no slight intended to other writers I will go with Sterica's submission Hepcat which edges out the others by a tiny margin due its lighter, more humorous approach to a seriously creepy image. 

#446 steriaca

steriaca

Misspellian Master

• 4,469 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:49 AM

Who is this red haired whip useing super?

Attached Thumbnails

• images.jpg

Eather sent via Libary Computer or my cellphone. I do not own my own computer. Creator of bad spellings, and stuff both great and stuff only great inside my own mind. Warning: I may be published one day.

#447 Opale

Opale

Standard Superhero

• 682 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:27 PM

lol, I will pass on this one, as I can't think about other ting than Ranma ^^

What's wrong with my mind ? It's as simple as [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#448 steriaca

steriaca

Misspellian Master

• 4,469 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:15 PM

Gee, maybe because it is someone's Ranma fanart.

If this one is a stumper, I can easily find another pic.

#449 Christopher

Christopher

Awesome Programmer

• 8,845 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:12 PM

Gee, maybe because it is someone's Ranma fanart.

If this one is a stumper, I can easily find another pic.

The "Ranma-Art" line in the top/righ corner was kind of a gead giveaway ;)

Also the sizes is exceedingly small, hard to make out any details.

#450 Nothere

Nothere

Very Powerful Hero

• 878 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:27 PM

Crime was soon to run rampant on the streets of New Osaka. The police were fighting a losing battle between the supervillians and  Crime League. Then she appeared. Fast as a wink, agile as a cat, and with a whip that could bring down the most armored of villain. New Osaka has a fighting chance and that chance is Catlash Lass

• BoloOfEarth likes this

#451 steriaca

steriaca

Misspellian Master

• 4,469 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:27 PM

Let's try this one. Remember I am using my cell phone, so this is not an idea use for this.

But it still just works. To make it work, touch the thumbnail with your finger (cell phone), or click it with your mouse.

Attached Thumbnails

• images.jpg

#452 phoenix240

phoenix240

Millennial Master

• 2,395 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:03 PM

That can be a problem when the art is of a recognizable character. I ran into the same problem earlier with the Overwatch character and I had it wrong. LOL

#453 steriaca

steriaca

Misspellian Master

• 4,469 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:58 PM

Use whatever pic you perfer. I'll tell my the description I like out of all enteries sumited.

#454 BoloOfEarth

BoloOfEarth

Smell? It Sphinx!

• 10,672 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:01 AM

Not all supervillains (and supervillainesses) are dark, brooding, tortured souls.  Some of them are just out to have fun.  One such supervillainess is Lash.

Sure, she's got a whip that can cut through hardened steel (at least, when she extends the monomolecular lash).  More often, she extends a thicker, electrified metallic lash that shocks most people senseless.  But she doesn't use her whip to slice and dice her opponents, or even cause them lasting harm.  Nor does she seek to do property damage, destroy companies, or any of a dozen truly hurtful things many bad guys and gals do.  She just likes to steal (always from wealthy people or highly successful businesses and banks who can afford to take the occasional loss), play her own unique brand of "tag" with superheroes, and (hopefully) flounce off to rob another day.

Her partner-in-crime is Play-Deaux, a tiny (fist-sized) amorphous alien she rescued from a Duchess Industries research lab.  Members of Play-Deaux's race are symbiotic creatures, contact mentalists able to latch onto a sentient being and either read its mind, alter its sensory inputs, or outright control it.  Play-Deaux is relatively young and still learning to use its powers.  It's also naive about the whole symbiote / host thing and tends to "ride up front" (e.g. on a host's forehead or hand) rather than hiding out of sight under clothing like many of its more careful brethren.

• phoenix240 and Christopher like this

"Sometimes getting PCs together is like herding kittens...nuclear powered kittens at that." - phoenix240

"The Internet. It's like an idiot assembly plant." - Lawnmower Boy

#455 phoenix240

phoenix240

Millennial Master

• 2,395 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:12 PM

Hēi guǐ: Always quiet and introverted, Jennifer Cho dealt better with plants than people which suited her chosen field very well: biology professor in a small California university in botanical research department. She spent her days hidden deep in the labs and gardens, avoiding human contact and lost in her research, cataloging and notes blissfully unaware of the looks and occasional romantic overtures of her fellow faculty and even the occasional student as she was attractive young who's shy but amiable personality many found endearing. 

Other than botany, Jennifer's only other passion was practicing a surprisingly aggressive form of Wing Chun Kung Fu. Her great grandmother had brought the style from China and it had been passed down, mother to daughter in her family since. She'd never used it in anger before and most would have to lean the quiet scientist could level people twice her size in short order using a combination of long honed martial arts and some down and dirty brawling learned her father Edward Mcgregor and others from his side of the family at his insistence; no daughter of his was going to campus full of dirty minded boys without being able to take care of herself. No trouble ever occurred but the practice and work out left Sabrina is very good shape. 

During a quiet summer session, Jennifer accepted an assignment to follow up on some reports of an unusual species fungal mold that had been sent in by a local. This black, oily life form was unlike anything known being not only exceptional durable but, while it survived, seemingly mobile, able to move on it own. The sample had been contaminated by mishandling and died quickly but Jennifer was fascinated enough to leave her beloved labs to find more. 

Her search took her into the mountain where she heard rumors of strange behavior among the local population: rashes of violence, impulsive behavior, hallucinations and even licentious behavior occurring in the area from people never known for it. Jennifer thought nothing of it as her search too deeper into the rural territory and into the wilderness where she ran across several animals acting strangely as well so began to grow concerned. Still she'd come too far to turn back and pressed on, soon finding what she was sought, a pool of he black inky fungal material growing in the bottom of what appeared to be an recent meteoric impact crater, presenting an exciting possibility. 

Overcome with curiosity, Jennifer did one of the few impulsive acts in her life and immediately tried to climb down to gather sample. And the rock wall gave way, sending her tumbling her down into the churning organic soup. It enveloped her, sucked her down and as it closed over her head, it struck her that she hadn't had time to learn anything about its metabolism but was going to find out in the hardest way imaginable. 

But it wasn't so bad. 

The gelatinous material felt warm, comforting in a way. There was no pain even as she felt it seeping across her skin and into her body. She felt its need, its hunger and some strange alien intelligence. And with that connection came understanding. It wasn't from this world, but hadn't come accidentally. This world and its billions of sapient feeling minds had drawn it across the void of space seeking sustenance. It was a psionic being that fed on emotional energy specifically aggressive feelings. The fits the local were experiencing had been created by its attempts to feed, sending clouds of spores into the wind that acted as psychoactive drugs but in a random, uncontrolled manner in short intense bursts. 

Jennifer sympathized with it. It hadn't wanted to cause trouble. Humans just weren't too compatible. She offered it another way. She would accept it as part of her, entering a symbiotic relationship where she'd indulge her own aggressive urges and allow it to draw in them willingly. Her own latent psionic power facilitated this quite well.  

Jennifer Cho returned unsuccessful, reportedly never finding more of the strange lifeform. She also returned different. Her quiet demeanor remained but she more willing to emerge from her study. She spoke up for herself, met people's eyes and spoke up in conversations even started to dress to flatter her appearance and athletic build. Still charming and amiable, this new spark of extroversion made her even more appealing. 

But this was nothing compared to her new nocturnal activities when her new alien partner sheathed her body in a black skintoght sheathe that protects her and provides a variety of abilities such as the power to cling to walls and form whips, tendrils or other appendages at will. In this form, Jennifer's inner nature truly emerges unfettered: impulsive, aggressive, eager and virtually fearless. If anyone that knew her before met her, they'd think her father's side had finally come out. And they wouldn't be that far from the truth.

As Hēi guǐ (black ghost), she acts as a vigilante and campus protector, defeating the rampaging Mold Man (see earlier in the thread) in her most public adventure and occasional party animal, feeding her alien partner very well. 

And loving every minute of it. 

Note: She is currently unaware of Mold Man's true identity. 

• Christopher likes this

#456 death tribble

death tribble

Lolth's Pet Mischief Maker

• 33,835 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:36 AM

In a world of danger and evil what is a red headed whip wielding dominatrix to do but fight crime ?

Kate O'Nine Tails is a cat lover and is into what is politely termed fetish gear. After being attacked and overcoming her attackers and then coming to the rescue of other people being attacked, Kate has gone full blown vigilante. She is dextrous enough to avoid being shot when closing with a target and her costume is a development of Kevlar which lead to more than one opponent shooting her at point blank range and then getting a vicious beating. Kate is a thrill seeker rather than someone dedicated to the law because.you know Mum and Dad were killed by a mugger in from of them.

Kate does not wear a mask as she was 'caught' by a news crew in action.

• phoenix240 likes this

'We will Play Nice !' - The Society of Ben

The Tribble is angry, my friend, very angry.

People are strange when you're a Tribble, faces seem ugly when you're alone.

Dictator and President for Life of the Non Gaming Discussion Forums on Hero Games.

#457 phoenix240

phoenix240

Millennial Master

• 2,395 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:45 AM

Once again, several good ones. Good luck everyone!

#458 steriaca

steriaca

Misspellian Master

• 4,469 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:15 AM

I am giving this to Phoenix240. Special shootout to Bolo for using both pics.