Problems Reported With Champions Powers Character Pack

Jason S.Walters

Hi everyone! Hero Games fan Roger Gremillion has reported some problems with the Character Pack for Champions Powers. Specifically, the following:

Teleportation-CP.hdc is broken

Time.hdc is broken

Telekinesis-CP.hdc sems to be corrupted

I haven't had this problem reported to me before. Have any you encountered it? If so, do you have any suggestions? As far as I know the version of the CP he's downloaded is the same as the one I have in my files.

Jason, Hero Games

First, thanks to Jason for his help with this issue so far.  Much appreciated!

I have opened the 3 files in question in a hex editor and found nothing but garbage.  They look exactly like a binary file, for those familiar with such things.  In my fairly educated opinion, this indicates corrupted files since we should be able to see plain text in XML format. 

I believe the easiest solution would be for the Hero staff to restore the file from a good backup (if one exists) so that those of us unfortunate enough to get the corrupted version can re-download the corrected version.  What we need is for people to notify the staff in this thread if they have the corrupted version so that they will be able to confirm that this problem exists beyond myself and Enforcer84.

If anyone has other ideas for a solution, please don't hesitate to make suggestions.

Thanks,

Roger

These three files should be renamed with a .zip extension and they can then be unpacked.

Pete

That's a little unusual, but it certainly explains why they looked like binary files when I opened them in a hex editor!  Honestly, I'm a little mad at myself for not realizing that.

May I suggest that the staff in charge of such things either unpack those files or rename the extensions to .zip to avoid future confusion?  I don't know how much trouble this would be, but it would certainly save future cutomers a lot of headache and grief.

In any case, many thanks to Pete Ruttman for solving this little problem.

Roger

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem. I also got confused by what everyone was saying above, (because I was obviously having some brain malfunction that day, LOL).

So this is what I did to get these three mentioned above to work...

1 Renamed each of the files from hdc to a .zip extention...

2 I was then able to unpack each of these, which created folders with other files within it that contained the different power prefabs...

3 I then had to rename each of the prefab file from hdc to hdp files... .

4 Everything then worked and I was able to load each in HD

Hope this helps someone who may be suffering from the same malfunction that I was experiencing!