Ultimate shooter

TroyC

Hey guys, I'm a few years and 2 editions removed from the game I'm looking to get into within the next week. I've been out of the game (literally) for a little while, so I was hoping to get some feedback on what are the skills/talents most important to making the best shooter possible. 

Thanks in advance

A high OCV is obvious. You'd also want Penalty Skill Levels against range modifiers and location penalties. "Gun-Fu" as a martial art is also a possibility. Gunsmith would be useful as a background skill.

If you want to get really detailed, you can buy enhanced versions of common weapons with character points, saying the character has customized them for enhanced effect. This might cost too many points, though.

Maybe a Custom Power that buys off the, "Real Weapon" limitations on guns, representing the character's diligent maintenance skills?

• 2 weeks later...

High OCV, PSL's against range, Weapon Familarity, I normally create my sniper's rifle and scope with character points. Bundle the scope with Telescopic sight, Thermal Vision, Night Vision, etc. Also I would take Lightning Calculator to quickly work out the drift of my bullets. Maybe some amount of AP on the rifle if you wanted a bit more overkill. AP or Penetrating would do that.

• 3 weeks later...

What those guys said.

Only thing I can really add is to make sure it's alright with your GM to spend Character Points on your personal gear.  This concerns mainly weapons because character created weapons are so much more deadly (versatile too) then RAW weapons.

• 3 weeks later...

Woo Fu: 45 Point VPP, Cosmic, Only for Shootist Related Skills, Talents, and Super-Skills

And a copy of Dark Champions, of course.

Another version I use for uber-commandos and the like is

Action Hero: 60 Point VPP, Cosmic, Only for Action! related Skills, Talents, and Super-Skills

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, I'm a few years and 2 editions removed from the game I'm looking to get into within the next week. I've been out of the game (literally) for a little while, so I was hoping to get some feedback on what are the skills/talents most important to making the best shooter possible. 

Thanks in advance

If you've seen the movie John Wick then you might find this thread useful. :)

**Warning** it contains SPOILERS.

http://www.herogames.com/forums/topic/91791-john-wick-for-6e/