Fantasy Hero and Fantasy Grounds software

Jhaierr

Well one is well in the works. Not much news in the last couple of months, but as of Feb 15th they were running test sessions. I keep my eye on the board, hoping that someday soon it will be available. Maybe if enough people from here jump over there and post their support it might speed things along as it will show there is growing interest.

Here is the link: http://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20112-Champions-HERO-System-Ruleset-FG-3-0

Well one is well in the works. Not much news in the last couple of months, but as of Feb 15th they were running test sessions. I keep my eye on the board, hoping that someday soon it will be available. Maybe if enough people from here jump over there and post their support it might speed things along as it will show there is growing interest.

Here is the link: http://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20112-Champions-HERO-System-Ruleset-FG-3-0

Oh, excellent. I did not know about this. Thank you very much!

• 2 months later...

The only thing that's changed is that you get your non-resistant PD against stun of killing attacks.

And CSLs, Movement, and Combat maneuvers adding to damage changed. And damage doubling (wherein an attack cannot do more than twice the base damage) became an opt out rule (encouraged but no longer part of the hard and fast rules). And the Stun Lottery went from 1d6-1 to 1d3. 

Pull up both 5E and 6E Adding Damage chapters and you will see the differences. They are small. 6E just happens to standardize the X number of Y adds Z dcs across power levels. It made coding the Hero Maptool framework I made a lot easier. I didn't have to create situational rules for Heroic vs. Superheroic.

• 3 weeks later...

The demo for FG is free and you can connect one other person on that to try it out. I'll be honest. Hero doesn't lend itself well to a computer game of any type, due to it's enormous flexibility and "shoot from the hip" mentality. But if you had good success with Hero over Roll20, then it might work out well for you on FG. I wrote the ruleset with Champions in mind, but it could be adapted for Fantasy Hero as well. The only things that are really missing that would be nice for FH are Hit Locations and Sectioned Armor. Anyways, enjoy!

I've been playing a while on Fantasy Grounds with some buddies over skype, it works pretty well.  It would work in person as well, using it for maps, private messages, and keeping track of things like END.  Just about everyone has a device they could use it on these days.  Personally, I very much prefer pen and pencil in person, but this lets us game with a buddy in England so..

I've thought about (recently) attaching my laptop to my friend's TV and then GM'ing it that way instead of the tabletop. Each player could then bring their own laptop and control their character. Then again, why even be in the same room... :)

Because being in the same room allows for no-verbal communication.