Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buzzfeed hired experts to compute how many Metropolis residents bought the farm in Man of Steel.  Their estimate was 129,000 KIA, 250,000+ MIA(and presumed dead), and over 1,000,000 wounded.  Direct costs around 700 billion, indirect around 2 trillion. 

Uh, yay?  Wouldn't Bronze Age Superman consider that an epic fail? 

I guess you have to factor in how many would have died if he hadn't stopped the other Kryptonians. Like, the entire human race.

The trailer looks really well shot, and the basic premise -- how humanity would really react to the appearance of a Superman -- is logical and intriguing. But it all looks so damn bleak and depressing. Like DC wants all their properties to look like Christopher Nolan's work. But that's Batman. The other half of this movie is Superman. Superman is supposed to be about hope, about inspiration. If Zack Snyder forgets that again I will be majorly pissed. :mad:

I guess you have to factor in how many would have died if he hadn't stopped the other Kryptonians. Like, the entire human race.

The trailer looks really well shot, and the basic premise -- how humanity would really react to the appearance of a Superman -- is logical and intriguing. But it all looks so damn bleak and depressing. Like DC wants all their properties to look like Christopher Nolan's work. But that's Batman. The other half of this movie is Superman. Superman is supposed to be about hope, about inspiration. If Zack Snyder forgets that again I will be majorly pissed. :mad:

Its not Snyder's fault. I think its the writers. One of which is David Goyer, the Slayer of super hero franchises (he killed Blade and Ghost Rider)

He started with some good scrpits (Dark city) but is responsible for some absolute turds.

I love Snyders direction. He is a brilliant visual director and is great with action. the spectacular fight scenes with thr Kryptoians in Man of Steel are a testament to his talent, as were thr scenes in 300 and Sucker Punch (the guy knows how to turn an action scene into visual poetry) but he really needs a good screen writer to make him shine and unfortunately i do not believe Goyer is that writer. Unfortunately he is the bead writer for the entire Justice League arc and i am not happy about that fact.

Anyone who writes as much as Goyer does is going to have misses as well as hits. His Blade II was brilliant. And most folks worship the keys he typed out The Dark Knight on, so clearly Hollywood has good reason to turn to him for this sort of thing.

Anyone who writes as much as Goyer does is going to have misses as well as hits. His Blade II was brilliant. And most folks worship the keys he typed out The Dark Knight on, so clearly Hollywood has good reason to turn to him for this sort of thing.

Blade II is one of my favorite films, but i attribute that far more to Del Toro's direction and style. He's my other favorite director. After Blade II came out and they were talking about Blade 3, Goyer did an interview where he lambasted Del Toro's vision of Blade, saying that Del Toro went too comic book with the action and that in Blade Trinity, he wanted to bring it back down to earth and show a more realistic Blade.

F*** you Goyer. Blade is a movie about a half vampire who hunts other vampires with a bladed boomerang. Its not supposednto he realistic, its supposed to be exciting and pulse pounding!

After seeing Blade Trinity and mr Goyers "improvements" to Blade (he wrote and directed that turd himself) I was done with the guy after that.

Goyer is a decent script writer. He's a lousy director and I hope no one ever puts his ass in that chair again.

To me, he's hit and miss. Seemingly more miss recently. Batman Begins and Dark Knight were both excellent. Rises was a snooze fest. Man of Steel, while pretty to look at (Snyders direction) was lacking substance (writing issue). I fear for Justice League in his hands. Next thing you know he's gonna want to make the Justice League more "realistic". Asshat. I really hope i'm wrong and that Zack Snyder can salvage it.

I could see this as a possible plot - superman's guilt at not saving everyone / having to kill Zod made him realize him limitations (and the Batman thing just helps this along) and that is the emotional foundation of the Justice League - getting together a group of people so that doesn't happen again.