artful dodge

HeroGM

Was playing with it the other day and and hit a snag.

The basics is +4 DCV if you make an acrobatics roll. On the RSR would it make sense to do the extra "must be made each phase/use"?

The idea is similar to spider-man and some fantasy types who just seen to dodge and weave out of th e way.

Maybe "Must be aware of attack(-1/4)" as well. Still playing with the idea of it.

I would just allow someone to make an acrobatics roll as a complimentary roll to the Dodge maneuver. Giving them up to +2 based on margin of success.

Not sure if it would be worth spending the time or points to create an actual power.

I built my rookie version of Spidey with a Requires a PER roll each phase.

7 Spider Reflexes part 1: +3 DCV (15 Active Points); Requires A Roll (PER roll; Must be made each Phase/use; Spidey Sense (Danger Sense); -1)
Notes: Requires A Roll by default takes a -1 penalty to whatever roll is used for every 10 Active Points of the Power it is applied to (6e1 page 391). A -1 penalty or a final 15- Danger Sense Roll in this instance.

25 Spidey Sense!: Danger Sense (self only, any danger, Function as a Sense) (31 Active Points); Conditional Power Suppressed by Bug Spray (-1/4) 16-

25 Spidey Sense!: Danger Sense (self only, any danger, Function as a Sense) (31 Active Points); Conditional Power Suppressed by Bug Spray (-1/4) 16-

Supressed by bug spray?

I cannot imagine how that would ever come up, but I can imagine the players look of disbelief as you tell him. "The Janator, has decided it is time to get rid pf these besky bugs" and lays out the 'bug spray'!!!

Supressed by bug spray?

I cannot imagine how that would ever come up, but I can imagine the players look of disbelief as you tell him. "The Janator, has decided it is time to get rid pf these besky bugs" and lays out the 'bug spray'!!!

I was just following the suggestions of the peanut gallery on this thread: 

http://www.herogames.com/forums/topic/90950-beginning-version-of-spider-man-for-6e-on-400-points/?hl=spider-man

I'd never heard of it before either but it's not as crazy as other parts of the character's history.

:D

The basics is +4 DCV if you make an acrobatics roll. On the RSR would it make sense to do the extra "must be made each phase/use"?

The idea is similar to spider-man and some fantasy types who just seen to dodge and weave out of th e way.

Maybe "Must be aware of attack(-1/4)" as well. Still playing with the idea of it.

Our group has built dodges like this and yes add the character must be aware limitation. Also consider combat luck too (you can swap the luck roll for acrobatics)

Our group has built dodges like this and yes add the character must be aware limitation. Also consider combat luck too (you can swap the luck roll for acrobatics)