Parasite Link

acide_bob

So a player came up with a power set based on parasites. The guys is a mental type warrioir that implant parasite into people.

The parasite feed general informations to the player. Like where is the host (vaguely), his health (vaguely) and things similar.

Starting from there the player can sue mind control, possession, clairvoyance (to see through the eyes of the host) and all kind of fun stuff like that.

My problem is I don't know how to build the parasite.

The parasite can be "dispelled" or treated for that matter.

It has to be a permanent thing. The parasite gonna stay inside the host until it is purged by some way or another.

At first, I tried going with Mind Link, but the parasite do not permit to read mind or communicate. It jsuts sit there as a focus for the mind control and clairvoyance. 

So I'm not sure how to build that.

Well, first is "infestation", which sounds like a Transformation (person without a parasite to person with a parasite). The cure is defined as someone doing surgery to remove it from the victim. Then comes the fun stuff...powers related to the parasite.

Mind Control, Attack Versus Alternate Defense (No Normal Defense, Defense is not having the parasite in them: +1).

Mind Scan, Attack Versus Alternate Defense (see above), Limited Power (Only To Report Vague Location And Health Of Target: -1/2)

Posession (see Advance Players Guide 1), Attack Versus Alternate Defense (see above)

Clairvoyance (all the five senses), Limited Power (only through the senses of others who must have a parasite in them: I say it should be -1/2, but check with the GM)

And anything else (anything with a defense becomes AVAD/NND, and anything else requires the target to have the parasite in him).

You're not the first one to suggest transform.

I'm not sure how I would do that tho. Someone said to go with Major Transform, and put a Hunted on the designated host.

I'm the GM btw.

Also AS I was reading Transform... wouldn'Tt ransform cost a lot jsut to put somehting in someone that is a channel for powers. 

My point being that considering that the player need to always achieve 2x the BODY of the target. Buying a major change of 4D6 would still be 40 points.... and could take a whole lot of time.

Considering the power does not fully transform the target but just adjust a complicaiton wouldn't that take less BODY to pass?

Well, that depends on exactly what you want the Transform to do. If the parasite is just a special effect for the powers, then you can get away with a Minor Transform (5 per dice). If it also, say, slowly feed upon the host body and will kill or weaken the target over the span of years, then it can be a Major Transform (10 per dice). If your adding any Compucations to the target or, say, rapidly lower the target's STR, CON, EGO, ect, then your going for a Severe Transform (15 per die).

Minor Transform (person without a parasite to person with one, heal by surgery or forcing the parasite to die), Attack Versus Alternative Defense (resistant Physical Defense: -1 cause it is more common defense), All Or Nothing (-1/2), Limited Target (living organic and carbon based lifeforms: -1/4), No Range (-1/2). This is an example build for a only special effect parasite power.

You can then build a Sense (Detect Parisited Hosts). Make it Discriminatory which could explain why you would know the approximate level of health and stress. Depenending on the range you want this to work at, either level of Telescopic or MegaScale it. If you make it Targeting than Mental powers can be used through this detect.

How difficulty is it to implant the parasite? Can it be done in combat? Out of combat?

How hard is it to detecte the parasite? How hard is it to remove the parasite? How long does it last without being coutnered? How many people has he already "infected" with them before adventure/in down times? Do they spread?

How many antagonists will be immune to that parasite?

Could it be you are just looking for plain Mind Scan/Telepathy/Mind Control with the limitations "must have had opportunity to place a parasite in target"?

If most people he encoutners will be already "tagged", then the question might become actually who has not affected yet (and how hard it is to correct that).

This is another example of 'what do you want it to do' Champions Power question. Basically, the parasite is a 'special effect' for various powers. The questions above do need to be addressed by the player before the power is written up. It may simply sit on the base of the neck and be easily removed or destroyed (an example of Physical Manifestation). It can be a Transform and a series of powers in a multipower to repersent the comanding of the parasite. It could be a simple mental multipower with the parasite special effect. It all depends. Which begs the question: why would a 'superhero' have the ability to implant parasites anyways? It sounds like a villainous power to me.

Well, to tell the truth, I do like heros who struggle against their own dark side. Except for Sentry. He and Void can go away and never return.

And I guess the best way to show a hero with a dark side is to give him creepy powers.

I just think a guy with parasite generation abilitys makes for a better villain.