Superhero Costume Colors Survey

Pariah

I'm trying to get a sense of superhero costume aesthetics from people who actually play superheroes in role-playing games. I've created a short poll that asks four questions about your character:

1. Character name
  2. Primary costume color
  3. Secondary color (if any)
  4. Tertiary color (if any)

That's it.  The poll takes about 30 seconds to complete.  I'd love to have some of you go and take it for your favorite Champions character.  Heck, take it multiple times for multiple characters!

Anyway, if you're interested, please click this elegant and finely crafted link: Superhero Costume Colors Survey.

Oh, and once you've submitted, you can see all previous results.

Thank you!

Very exciting. I'm always down for some science!

If people are interested in a more thorough study, I would be delighted to set something up. I have a masters' in this stuff, and I haven't used it in a hot minute, so I'd do it just to stay fresh.

Very exciting. I'm always down for some science!

If people are interested in a more thorough study, I would be delighted to set something up. I have a masters' in this stuff, and I haven't used it in a hot minute, so I'd do it just to stay fresh.

Looks good to me!  Feel free to use my little data-gathering expedition if you feel it would be helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

Do odd skin coloration and hair color factor into the primary/secondary/teriary colors?

DC's Starfire and several Star Saphire Corp members combine odd skin color with skimpy outfits. Wich often means thier skin color is thier primary or secondary (fighting over that spot with uniform color), hair color the tertiary.

What about people with human range skin color - like black people - that show a lot of skin?

Personally I am terrible at designing costumes, much less picking a color sceme.

Either I have a existing image/source to go off (Fallout Vault Overall, Star Saphire Corp Uniform).

Or I just take pick a rough primary color, look at a color wheel and look wich secondary or secondary+tertiary colors I can get for that primary color.