Spreading a Mental Attack

Tech

Can a mental attack such as a Mind Blast or Mental Illusions, be spread to give you a bonus to your OECV? I'm inclined to say 'no' as the Champions Complete talks about increasing your OCV but still thought I'd ask.

I am curious what the ruling is on this. Personally I would allow it, because the Mental Blast being so over priced.

OVERpriced?  Blast, AVAD Mental Defense (+1), Line of Sight (+1/2), Alternate CV (OMCV vs DMCV +1/4), IPE (imperceptible to 1 sense group; +1/2) should cost 5x3.25 = 16.25 points per 1d6.  It costs 10.

I've never really liked spreading attacks very much to begin with.  I should say actually that I have no problem with it, I just don't like it being available to everyone for free (sort of like how now everyone can use missile deflection for free).  I think it should cost you points to be able to do, like the 57 flavors of autofire abilities.

How can everyone use missile deflection for free?

If you have an appropriate object/sfx, then you can use the block maneuver against a ranged attack.  For example, a knight using his shield to block an arrow can now be done without needing to buy a power first.  On the other hand, a knight blocking said arrow with just his sword (let alone bare-handed) is a much harder sell.  If it were a common trope of the genre (such as a high-romance samurai campaign), I'd allow arrow cutting (possibly at a penalty).  If it were a game based off A Song of Ice and Fire, I wouldn't.