Champions book of superheroes

Basic204

They originally did a 'Hero Book' of original superheros for the 4th edition called Allies. It didn't sell well. We DO need a 'superhero atlas' of some sort, collecting all the superhero teams and solo heros from the various books into one place. But, will it sell?

The various books: Millennium City (5ed), Vibora Bay (5ed), Champions Universe (5th edition, 6th edition, and update book for 5th edition, the update is needed for 6th edition), Johnny Hercules (6th edition e-book), Champions Worldwide (5th edition, one character reprinted in 6th edition in Hero System Martial Arts), Champions Beyond 6th edition, whatever the book was called which had the Champions 3000 5th edition, Champions of the North 2nd edition for the 5th edition Champions rules. And that is the 'short list'.

There are various books with example hero write-ups, too, including some of the Ultimate series books for 5th edition. Watchers of the Dragon had some martial artist heroes in it, IIRC. There might be a couple hundred superhero write-ups through 3rd through 6th editions of Champions, not counting 3rd party products. It is, of course, possible to convert any villain to a hero writeup(and vice-versa), just by changing the complications and backstory.

I know from past comments that Hero Games reps would be very unhappy with someone putting up free game stats for characters they currently own and sell in various books on the Internet, including "updated" or "variant" stats based on the published versions.  They probably wouldn't object to naming and briefly describing the characters, to judge by experience here and on other websites; although transcribing their whole text write-ups from the books would likely be a no-no.

Begs the question.  If the CU heroes are free on a wiki, who would buy the books or the HD Character packs? 

Sure, you wouldn't put game writeups in place.  Take a look at the Marvel Comics or DC Comics sites for how their heroes are presented.  There's no need for game data, just info on their powers, their history, their personality, where they're found in various editions of write ups, and maybe some stuff on what they did in the champions universe.

Sure, you wouldn't put game writeups in place.  Take a look at the Marvel Comics or DC Comics sites for how their heroes are presented.  There's no need for game data, just info on their powers, their history, their personality, where they're found in various editions of write ups, and maybe some stuff on what they did in the champions universe.

Yea that sounds good. Also iif the people who made there own characters we could put them on there also to fill out the "UNTIL Data base."

Well anyone want to help I just created a wika page but have not set anything yet. 

I think no house rules would be good. Maybe use the tiered system for power level in the book. Also for the villains use it can be broken up by the alpha and omega stuff from the villains books. 

No need to worry about house rules or rules at all.  Just list them according to their abilities as they'd translate into a description.  Nobody needs to see "has 30 Strength" just say "been observed deadlifting as much as 1600 kilos."  Avoid the hard rules entirely, and describe them as if they're characters in a movie or book... or real life.

No need to worry about house rules or rules at all.  Just list them according to their abilities as they'd translate into a description.  Nobody needs to see "has 30 Strength" just say "been observed deadlifting as much as 1600 kilos."  Avoid the hard rules entirely, and describe them as if they're characters in a movie or book... or real life.

I follow.  I wasn't on the same page as everyone else.  I'd still check about even general mentions though.  While I don't think Hero would have a problem, their might be IP related issues stemming from the video game contracts. You can never tell just what was part of a contract when you're talking IP's.

Which makes it next to impossible if someone wants to use them in a game.

Which makes it next to impossible if someone wants to use them in a game. 

And that's fine; if they want to use them in a game, they can buy the products they're in.  The point of the Wiki is to be general knowledge for players, background info on the characters, where they can be found, etc.  Even some scenario ideas for GMs, that's how I see it at least.