Clareification of The Monster

Clovis

So I'm planning on introducing the Monster from the Champions Villains v3. I'm looking over his power ' A Mind Too Evil To Comprehend' and when I first look at it, it makes me think that any attack against him causes damage, but on the next page in 'The Monster Facts' it mentions that psionic contact triggers it, it doesnt mention any other attacks.

Which is right? Does the damage shield trigger with physical attacks as well as mental attacks? If I'm not mistaken there was supose to be a limitation for mental contact only.

So I'm planning on introducing the Monster from the Champions Villains v3. I'm looking over his power ' A Mind Too Evil To Comprehend' and when I first look at it, it makes me think that any attack against him causes damage, but on the next page in 'The Monster Facts' it mentions that psionic contact triggers it, it doesnt mention any other attacks.

Which is right? Does the damage shield trigger with physical attacks as well as mental attacks? If I'm not mistaken there was supose to be a limitation for mental contact only.

I think this was just an oversight by Steve Long. 

I just compared the 5e and 6e versions of The Monster and the ability is constructed with the same Advantages and Limitations in both cases. It just so happens that in 5e an Advantage was required to to have a Mental Damage Shield work with Physical contact*. I think Steve just copied the 5e build directly and forgot about the 6e Mental Contact Only Limitation. Adding that Limitation to the build changes the final cost of the power to 52.

From 5er page 254:

At the GM’s option, if a character wants to buy a Mental Damage Shield that affects both mental and physical attackers, it costs an additional +½.

52 A Mind To Evil To Comprehend: Mental Blast 3d6, Area Of Effect (2m Surface; Personal; +1/4), Persistent (+1/4), Constant (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Does BODY (+1) (105 Active Points); Always On (-1/2), Limited Power Mental Contact Only (-1/2) - END=0