Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Balabanto

2016 Gaming Conventions

Hi, this is Michael Satran again with a list of gaming conventions where I will be appearing so far.

Orcacon: Everett, Washington, January 8-10. I won't be billed as a special guest here, but I'll be running games and hopefully doing some panels. I rarely go out this far west, but I get to see some friends in Seattle, which is important.

Chupacabracon: Austin, Texas, May 13-15. I loved this one so much I decided to go back to it. If you want to meet a lot of the stars of the gaming industry, this is a VERY good place to do so.

Gencon:  August 4-7. I go to Gencon every year. I don't want to fall off the radar.

Templecon: August 25-28. They moved this one to a very convenient week for me, so I'm going back to it.

I will take suggestions for other conventions, but they can't be on big holiday weekends.

Added to the list is Portcon Maine.

There are no schedules for Portcon Maine, Connecticon, or Chupacabracon yet.

Gencon

Thursday 8 AM: Cold Warriors of Summer, 6 Players, 4 hours.

Friday Noon: Whatever Happened to Dr. Argon and the Mechanic, 6 players, 6 hours.

Saturday 8 AM: Whatever Happened to Dr. Argon and the Mechanic, 6 players, 6 hours

Sunday, 9 AM: Cold Warriors of Summer, 6 Players, 4 Hours

What are you hosting at GenCon? Are they all Champions events?

Yes they are. If you check out the Journey to the Center of the Earth Kickstarter, some of that material will be featured in one of these games as well.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackwyrm/michael-satrans-journey-to-the-center-of-the-earth/description

There is one slot left in "Whatever Happened to Dr. ARgon and the Mechanic" at Gencon on Friday at noon. 

There is a schedule for Portcon Maine at this time. June 23-26, South Portland, Maine. 

Thursday:

Building your ESO Panel at 5 PM

Rage of Jade, 6-close or whenever it finishes

Friday: 

Cold Warriors of Summer, 5 PM to 9 PM. If you live in the Northeast and you didn't make it into a gencon session of this, feel free to experience it here. 

Saturday

1-5 Revenge of the Krakenite

8-9 Villains panel. I love running this. I run it every chance I get. Because GMs can be good by being evil.

Sunday

Groundswell at 10 AM, and then I'm likely out, unless there are afterparties abd a reason to stay past 6 PM. 

Also, check out my Kickstarter for Journey to the Center of the Earth, where you will get to face many of the opponents in some of these adventures....

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackwyrm/michael-satrans-journey-to-the-center-of-the-earth?ref=nav_search

Well, that escalated quickly. All of my gencon games are now full. Sometimes a person decides not to show up though, so if you feel daring enough to camp a game on generics, feel free to stop by. If you have any of my products and want them signed, you can do so during the obligatory ten minute setup period at the beginning, or show up at the end. I don't know what the IPR/Hero/High Rock Press schedule is like at this time, so I don't know when I'll be at the booth. 

Also, I am running two seminars, one on Thursday and one on Sunday. Thursday, I'm doing my villains seminar, and Sunday I'm doing Evil Secret Organization design. This last one is really overlooked, and most of us really don't give enough thought to it (Sometimes, including me.) 

Thursday's Seminar will be in Crowne Plaza Pennsylvania Station A at 4 PM

Sunday's will be in the same room Sunday at 2 PM

More Gencon News. I honestly think they have no idea what they're doing when it comes to schedules. Such is life. 

Cold Warriors of Summer at 8 AM Thursday is in the Mariott Indiana Ballroom C at Table 4

Dr. Argon and the Mechanic at Noon Friday is in the Marriott at Lincoln Table 6

Dr. Argon and the Mechanic at 8 AM Saturday is in the Marriott at Indiana Ballroom A, Table 3

Cold Warriors of Summer at 9 AM Sunday is in the Marriott at Indiana Ballroom A, Table 3.

Now here's my question. If they could schedule the LAST two at the same table, why couldn't they schedule the FIRST two at the same table? 

Oh, and that special Gencon Game for one of the Kickstarter backers is still open if you want to Journey to the Center of the Earth!

We promise Master Mole won't turn you into a mole cyborg when he takes over the world....

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackwyrm/michael-satrans-journey-to-the-center-of-the-earth?ref=nav_search

Another Seminar has been added to my Gencon Schedule. Friday, at 8 AM, In Crowne Plaza Grand Central Ballroom A, I will be running a one hour seminar on selling in the Dealer's room. This will be run a little differently from the others, so if you want to learn a bunch of my sales techniques, feel free to show up. I made sure this one would be run before the Dealer's room opens on friday so dealers could show up.

At this time, my Connecticon Schedule looks like this:

Friday: 1-5 Revenge of the Krakenite. Yes. Robot Squids! If you haven't faced the Krakenite and his Robot Squids, now's the time!

5:15 Villainy! My usual seminar on how to make villains! If you haven't seen it, come see it now! 

Saturday: 8-Noon. Cold Warriors of Summer. This is a cool classic adventure! Face Russian Superheroes, with an evil twist!

1:30 Running Long Term Superhero Campaigns: If you've run the same Champions World for a very long time, this may be good for you

4:00 Superheroes, Masks, and Secret Identities: This is much more of a theory based seminar, but it often leads to some interesting conclusions. 

Saturday: 6-10 Rage of Jade. Imperial Throne Playtest! See what I will be kickstarting next year!

Sunday: 11-3 Groundswell! If you haven't backed Journey to the Center of the Earth, find out what it's all about! If you have, get an awesome hands-on preview!

3:15 Selling in the Dealer's Room (This is kind of an odd place to put this one, but I do what they tell me.)

At this time, my templecon schedule looks like this.

For those willing to go to Warwick, RI from the 25th to the 28th...

Selling in the Dealer's Room from 2:30 to 3:30 on Thursday

Cold Warriors of Summer from 7 to 11 PM Thursday

Friday 4-5 Villains Seminar: I totally love doing this one, and I can't get enough of it.

Friday 7-11 Big Badass Beatdown, A Can of Whupass style highly offensive battle royal. 

Saturday 2-6 Revenge of the Krakenite. People loved this at Gencon last year. 

Sunday 9-1 Starfall: This one's newer than the rest of them. 

2:30-3:30 RPG Adventure Design Seminar

There will also be a Hero System shop at Templecon in the Clockwork Bazaar Room 143. So if you're missing product and live in the area, or just want to find out what Hero Stuff is upcoming, come see me and we'll talk about it. 

Michael Satran