keanu reeves

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#101 Hyper-Man

Hyper-Man

Caped Madman!

• 14,680 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:31 PM

But he is a pretty good driver.  He's not a gymnast and doesn't have Acrobatics but he certainly has Breakfall.  Plus, making his DEX lower would only save a few points at the expense of buying Skill Levels with Driving and Breakfall. Going down that road seems very GURPy to me.  I tried to balance the 'accuracy' of the build with the idea that his abilities have been upgraded and simplified over time. I purposely did not give him more than 2 Skill levels* of any one type with that in mind (he is best with a pistol).  Especially the Overall ones since I consider having 3 of those in the realm of a minor super ability since that is the break point for doing tasks 1 step down the time chart.

* I made an exception with PSL's due their unique nature.

Also, I can see pure martial artists with a higher DEX and even Lightning Reflex bonus than John has but not with the gun skills as well.

HM

#102 LouisGoncey

LouisGoncey

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:17 AM

Hyper-Man I would love for you to see Chapter 2 and revise your character -- I just watched it tonight and I believe his character has changed slightly...

• Hyper-Man likes this

Lou Goncey

#103 Hyper-Man

Hyper-Man

Caped Madman!

• 14,680 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 04:43 AM

Oh, I went to see it on the original Thursday night opening.  I just haven't updated anything here to avoid spoiling it for anyone.  I don't think his combat capabilities really changed. It's just a matter of keeping track of the updates and changes to his Contacts and other Perks.  To be honest, those types of details are not my forte.  Michael Surbrook is a much better researcher than I am on such things.  I just really like modeling the combat mechanics.  With that said, I will get around to making an updated version (or at least list of changes) at some point.

:)
HM

#104 zslane

zslane

The Monster From the Clock

• 2,346 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:17 PM

re: 20 STR in a heroic setting

I understand yours is a house rule but even 3e Justice Inc notes that characteristics of 20 were just the point at which the cost doubled to increase beyond (ex: a 23 STR costs 16 points).  4e HERO/Champions later codifies 30 as the 'real' upper limit for normal characteristics.

HM

I don't understand the reason for the question.  Did I mention 4e rules somewhere in this thread?

You did, but I suspect it was a typo. See the quote above (and in bold for emphasis).

• Hyper-Man likes this

#105 Hyper-Man

Hyper-Man

Caped Madman!

• 14,680 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 04:52 PM

You did, but I suspect it was a typo. See the quote above (and in bold for emphasis).

Not a typo. I was just being lazy and going on bad memory in that earlier post.  It has been updated now.

Thanks! :)

HM

#106 Hyper-Man

Hyper-Man

Caped Madman!

• 14,680 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:21 AM

What additional skills would John Wick have as a result of being a former member of the Navy SEALs?

(I don't believe he is missing very much 'relevant stuff' from the SEAL package on page 54 of Dark Champions 5e).

This is implied by the Payday 2 Wikipedia page which was approved by Lionsgate (the movie studio).

Around the same time, Chains is on vacation in Sweden when he is ambushed by Interpol agents. He is able to escape thanks to a tip off from John Wick (Dave Fouquette), an old friend from his time in the Navy SEALS. Having recently come out of retirement to enact revenge on New York's Russian mob, Wick tells Chains that he is looking for a crew, to which he responds by inviting him to the gang. After rescuing Vlad's brother-in-law from a plane crash in the woods, the crew descend upon the McKendrick museum in order to steal 'the diamond', a valuable gemstone that the Dentist is interested in. Hoxton's former partner-in-crime, the Irish burglar Clover (Aoife Duffin) is recruited to help, becoming the first female member of the gang.

HM

#107 zslane

zslane

The Monster From the Clock

• 2,346 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 12:15 PM

Who knew the Navy SEALS were such a breeding ground for future criminals!

• Hyper-Man likes this

#108 Hyper-Man

Hyper-Man

Caped Madman!

• 14,680 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 12:53 PM

I would love to see comments from anyone familiar with both GURPS 4e and HERO 6e regarding the recent [GURPS 4e Gun Fu) John Wick build from the RPGnet "Let me tell you about my character..." forum.

It looks very detailed but I understand very little about GURPS.

HM

#109 Hyper-Man

Hyper-Man

Caped Madman!

• 14,680 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:39 PM

Bump! :) HM

#110 Hyper-Man

Hyper-Man

Caped Madman!

• 14,680 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:39 PM

John Wick Nerf!

HM

#111 Old Man

Old Man

Youth and skill are no match for old age and treachery.

• 41,411 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:39 AM

rv3KQaP.png

• Vanguard, Hyper-Man and Christopher R Taylor like this
...and that's when the destruction began.

#112 Old Man

Old Man

Youth and skill are no match for old age and treachery.

• 41,411 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:04 PM

John Wick prequel TV show tentatively titled "The Continental"

• Vanguard likes this
...and that's when the destruction began.

#113 Hyper-Man

Hyper-Man

Caped Madman!

• 14,680 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:30 PM

Hyper-Man I would love for you to see Chapter 2 and revise your character -- I just watched it tonight and I believe his character has changed slightly...

Oh, I went to see it on the original Thursday night opening.  I just haven't updated anything here to avoid spoiling it for anyone.  I don't think his combat capabilities really changed. It's just a matter of keeping track of the updates and changes to his Contacts and other Perks.  To be honest, those types of details are not my forte.  Michael Surbrook is a much better researcher than I am on such things.  I just really like modeling the combat mechanics.  With that said, I will get around to making an updated version (or at least list of changes) at some point.

HM

I've just made some minor changes (I updated the html output in the Downloads section, added some flavor text to his Complications at the suggestion of forum member Durzan Malakim and added Homemade Weapons to his WF for pencils).  I have some ideas for Chapter 2 (Navy SEALS, Continental as an Organizational Contact, additional WF to cover Navy SEALS training) I am just not sure if it's worth making a new sheet or just a list of changes.  I'm also not sure if I have the energy to create all the new weapons he used in the same detail that I did for the first movie.

HM

• Durzan Malakim likes this