Witcher 3 conversion to FH?

MordeanGrey

Really? Hadnt heard about that. That will make conversion even easier. (Are you talking about the "F" word?)

http://thewitcher.com/news/view/1086

I don't think Talsorian will come up with a totally new system, although I wouldn't exactly bet money that it'll carry the "F" brand… Especially given that the press release mentions CP 2020 but not its ill-fated successor.

I don't think Talsorian will come up with a totally new system, although I wouldn't exactly bet money that it'll carry the "F" brand… Especially given that the press release mentions CP 2020 but not its ill-fated successor.

Thank the gaming gods, it will be done in Interlock, NOT the "F"-word. I can handle that. Interlock is among my favorites.

And it makes sense that R Talsorian is going to do the tabletop version of Witcher since CDPR is doing the Vidya version of Cyberpunk 2077...cant wait for that one.

... FATAL?

If it's Interlock, then why do they call it "F" in the 2nd paragraph?

If it's Interlock, then why do they call it "F" in the 2nd paragraph?

Y'see, I just googled that quickly to post a confirmation here and didn't actually read it all the way through. Strangely enough, the paragraph continues with "the same ruleset that made Cyberpunk 2020 gain worldwide player acclaim". Which ain't exactly true. (Maybe even the opposite, although I blame CP 3's lack of success more on the abysmal production values)

So it seems it'll carry the brand, although it will be interesting to see what's underneath, i.e. whether we'll get some major revisions compared to the last public version. (It would also be a good time to finally give the core a more open license, but I'm not really counting on that.)

Y'see, I just googled that quickly to post a confirmation here and didn't actually read it all the way through. Strangely enough, the paragraph continues with "the same ruleset that made Cyberpunk 2020 gain worldwide player acclaim". Which ain't exactly true. (Maybe even the opposite, although I blame CP 3's lack of success more on the abysmal production values)

So it seems it'll carry the brand, although it will be interesting to see what's underneath, i.e. whether we'll get some major revisions compared to the last public version. (It would also be a good time to finally give the core a more open license, but I'm not really counting on that.)

Thanks. I thought maybe I was missing something. I don't follow all of the gazillion game systems and variations out there.

• 2 weeks later...

FUZION! FUZION! FUZION! :D

I still contend that the only reason Fuzion carries such a bad name here is that it was the heir apparent to Hero during the Bruce Harlick/Cybergames age of Hero. Without that, it would have been noted as a "meh" system or curiosity at worst. Given enough time and care, I think Fuzion could actually be a decent system instead of a just a "potentially" decent system. No, I'm not vested enough to give it the ol' college try. I already use a game that requires tons of customization, I don't need to pick at the underlying rules foundation as well.

Hey! What's that smell....