ARENA GAMES S3: Official Draft Thread

Logan D. Hurricanes

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, to close out the Youth Movement round, I'm choosing a character who is, well, Incredible:  Dashiell Robert Parr, The Dash!

tumblr_la9p94cueN1qbn7ob.png

As far as his age goes: Pixar Wiki says he's 10 years old.  Wikipedia says he's 9. So, whatever,

EDIT: Oops, forgot his theme music - "Headlong" by Queen

Okay, that's it for now.  I'll make the first pick of Round 5: 80s Night in a bit.  Excelsior!

All right, then, let's kick off Round 5: 80s Night.

This round's pick is a former New Orleans Harbor Patrol office and former Avengers chair.  First appearing in The Amazing Spider-Man Annual #16 (1982), she is Monica Rambeau, Captain Marvel!

123253-photon_400.jpg

Theme music:  "Available Light" by Rush

Back to you, Lady Pariah!  :coach:

I suppose I should go ahead and keep up with the Theme Song tradition for my team, too. 

Science Buddies has many options for songs. I have gone ahead and picked one, but there was one other great option. 

The Runner Up:

Bill Nye the Science Guy Theme

Winner: "Still Alive" - ♬ We do what we must because we can. ♬

I have also gone back and updated the character pictures for my choices. 

I will see if I can find some adequate songs for each member later on. 

Foreign Orchid. 

I t h ought the banned characters were the same as last season.

I already asked about the current incarnation of Hyperion (Marvel NOW!) and the Commissioner confirmed that he's off-limits. So I'm assuming the same restrictions as last season are still in place.

This is correct: if they've been banned previously, they're still out of play.

I wasn't sure if it stayed the same or not since I hadn't asked beforehand. I just operated as if it was. But it would seem it still is per Pariah. Wasn't supergirl on that list because of basically being the teenage girl version of Superman. ALL the same powers and general toughness, even tighter costume. 

That said, most teams had a character who was on par with Superman anyway, so I was thinking that maybe we would just drop that restriction all together.

Superman pastiche characters must be handled on an individual basis because many of them (like Hyperion) have achieved near godhood or reality warping powers that are simply off the scale here. Superman is the only Kryptonian banned at this time. Supergirl is a legit pick because she never hit his levels of surrealism. Likewise Power Girl and the Marvel family. But characters like Sentry, Mr. Majestic, The Plutonian, etc., are out. 

If you have a question, please pm me ahead of time. This goes for round 6 ideas, too. If you're not sure that they'd qualify, ask ahead of time.

80's night was a tough pick for me as I waffled between two great ladies, but eventually I just had to choose one, so I went with

Amara Aquilla (Alison Crestmere)AKA Magma

magma1.jpg

magmalava.JPG

Magma-women-of-the-x-13978006-1280-960.j

+2 points if the pick is selected within 12 hours (Still have 24 hours to pick)

+1 point if the character wears a costume in super ID

+1 point for codename

+1 if no ninjutsu training

Should be 5 points unless I missed something.  I'll get my other picks' points counted up eventually.

At work so I can't make an long post but my 80s pick will be Red Robin: a super smart member of the Bat Family. He was suppose to be my normals pick but I couldn't find a good super scientists from the 80s that I liked.

3843801-3841899-tt-lenticular_a_537e8c89

Red-Robin-tim-drake-6855802-1024-768.gif

For my normals pick, I am bumping up my colors pick. Please welcome Black Panther to my team. Now I must find a new color pick who is also super smart.

600304-black_panther_storm_at_home_super

Black-Panther-Movie-Discussion-Story-Cha

Foreign Orchid.