ARENA GAMES S3: Official Draft Thread

Logan D. Hurricanes

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't Iron Fist use Chi powers to make his hands nigh indestructible and able to break through super strong materials? I would think that makes him unqualified but my knowledge of the character is rather limited. And who is Shang Chi? Is that someone from the same comic-verse as the Iron Fist?

Foreign Orchid.

Hey Lord Commissioner, a quick question after the fact:

Would either Shang Chi or Iron Fist have been eligible under this season's "No Powers, No Problem" rules?

Shang Chi wold definitely be ok. I'll be honest, I was really hoping nobody would take Iron Fist (despite my love of the character) because I couldn't make a decision. :unsure:

Shang Chi, Master of Kung Fu, would need to be taken from before the most recent Avengers run. Before that he was just very, very good at Kung Fu in a near-but-not-actually superhuman way.

Is he considered superhuman in the recent Avengers run? I know he's got various and sundry chi powers, plus some high-tech weapons from Tony, but I thought he was still considered a highly-trained normal (in Champions terms).

Hmm. Something about "chi powers" and the concept of them at some point NOT being "superhuman" is puzzling to me. I'm not sure what but I am sure something. ^^

Foreign Orchid. 

Previously, it had just been the ability to fight despite pain, hunger or exhaustion by chi control, enhanced ability to notice things in a normal way, that sort of thing.  No chi blasts or superhuman speed or such.