Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wyrm Ouroboros

Archive Viewing / Search

And...now I get to delete posts from this thread.

In case it wasn't clear: the search function was one of the main targets for the DDoS attacks that frequent the site.  I've limited it as much as the software will allow while still keeping it available for registered users and have worked to limit the impact it can have on the server by moving a large percentage of older threads on the site to archived status (removing them from the typical search).

... or you could have provided that information in your very first post - and then, since I am after all a registered (and long-time!) user, sent me a private message containing the information that Lord Liaden posted.  The edit ... while I understand why, your methodology ... needs work.

You seem to be mistaking me with someone that has the time to worry about my "methodology".

Keep pushing things -- we'll have fun seeing what other methodologies I have that you disagree with.

Personally, I find that using Google (and including the phrase "site:thisdoman.com" where "thisdoman.com" is the actual site of the forum; for ex.: using "site:herogames.com" for here or using "site:forums.sjgames.com" for the Steve Jackson Games forums) is often much easier and more effective than using the native search function within a forum. 

As a specific example, when trying to resurrect my old account here at these forums, I used this URL to find my old posts: 

https://www.google.com/search?num=100&q=fwcain+site:herogames.com

Hope this helps.  ;-)

Franklin