Help.. i need vehicles...

Lockdown

Hi there, i usualy dont post much because i can find alot of what i need. I run a dark champions campaign ( my wife runs a reguar campaign i run off nights).  what i need is a list of vehicles . cars, trucks, motorcycles. at least a base amount of quick vehicles that i can modify.

also on that note, you dont have anything like that in your equipment guide... sad! you need a vehicles book badly!

thanks

Yes, except that game scale changed from 1" hex = 2m to (non-specific) hex = 1m, causing the movement rules and write-ups for published characters and vehicles to all need complete rewrites. The 6E Vehicles book was the victim of corporate fatigue, not the realization that the 5E books didn't need or merit replacement; in fact, as I understand it, the 6E Vehicles manuscript was basically complete before Hero Games decided to abandon completion of the core library (the vehicle book was the last volume planned for it).

Game scale did not change to 1 Hex equals 1 meter.

Measurements changed to "we're not measuring things by Hex anymore because that's dumb, we're just using meters". Since prior editions had hexes equaling a certain number of meters anyway virtually nothing has changed except you can now by Movement in 1 meter increments.

No where in any 6E book does it say 1 hex equals 1 meter, because there aren't hexes.

Also, doubling the number of hexes and calling them meters is all that is needed. That is hardly a "complete rewrite".

I was not aware a 6e vehicle book was nearly complete.

As a comparison the 6e HERO System Skill book includes major changes to some of the rules over the nearly identical 5e Ultimate Skill.  I have the PDF but I am considering obtaining a POD version from DrivebyRPG. 

I don't know if there would be enough rules differences to make it worthwhile to DOJ to complete and publish the PDF of a 6e vehicle book.  The stats of the vehicle writeups should work as-is.  The costs of a few things have changed but not so much that the 'divide by 5' rule couldn't hide for the most part as far as a PC's Perk cost is concerned.

Game scale did not change to 1 Hex equals 1 meter.

Measurements changed to "we're not measuring things by Hex anymore because that's dumb, we're just using meters". Since prior editions had hexes equaling a certain number of meters anyway virtually nothing has changed except you can now by Movement in 1 meter increments.

No where in any 6E book does it say 1 hex equals 1 meter, because there aren't hexes.

Also, doubling the number of hexes and calling them meters is all that is needed. That is hardly a "complete rewrite".

Technically you're right, of course. But in practice, you need to put your superhero figure down on something, and hexgrid-covered battlemats were the universally used playing surface that I witnessed in the game's first 30 years of existance, both at home and at game conventions. Thousands of us internalized movement and combat distances on an intuitive level after so many years of playing the game in its first 5 incarnations. The idea that "measuring things by inch/Hex is dumb" is an absurd claim given the fact that it worked just fine for 30 years and thousands of published characters/vehicles. To most long-time players it just seemed as though the numbers we all understood intuitively had suddenly doubled for no good reason.

You can still use hex maps and you can use still have 1 hex equal 2 meters. Nothing in the rules changes that or suggests otherwise. Some people like to play with different scales, especially when vehicle or space combat is involved.

6E didn't change the scale, it said there is no scale, do what you want, we're going to use the actual measurements that have always been there anyeay.

Technically you're right, of course. But in practice, you need to put your superhero figure down on something, and hexgrid-covered battlemats were the universally used playing surface that I witnessed in the game's first 30 years of existance, both at home and at game conventions. Thousands of us internalized movement and combat distances on an intuitive level after so many years of playing the game in its first 5 incarnations. The idea that "measuring things by inch/Hex is dumb" is an absurd claim given the fact that it worked just fine for 30 years and thousands of published characters/vehicles. To most long-time players it just seemed as though the numbers we all understood intuitively had suddenly doubled for no good reason.

But not everyone uses a Hex Mat, many use a Grid or no mat at all (ie, play it like 40k and measure everything with rulers/tapes/whatever). Especially those who use gaming tiles (the tiles I did for my city board have a 1" square grid that you can barely see except on the sidewalks/concrete sections - pics can be found on my blog here: https://cloudcraftsite.wordpress.com/2015/09/12/product-review-paper-make-its-city-streets-bundle/).

Many gamers I know are going "off the grid" so to speak. So it makes sense that HERO would abandon the Hex Measurement system.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...