Welcome to Hero Forum - Please Introduce yourself (especially Lurkers)

bluesguy

Where my handle comes from: Started as a Valentine's day joke with my wife (she likes foxes, I like wolves)

First RPG I played: Imagine

First RPG I GMed: Shadowrun (3rd edition)

Currently playing: Monster of the Week, Pathfinder

Currently GMing: Rotating short-term games to try out new systems, including Uncharted Worlds, The Strange, and Feng Shui 2

• How did you come up with your 'handle' (forum name)?
  • Agontyr has been with me for nearly 40 years since I first played the original D&D back in 1976.
  • What was the first tabletop RPG you played?
  • See above
  • What was the first tabletop RPG you GMed?
  • See above ;)
  • What are you currently playing/GMing?
  • Playing only ATM (All via Roll20 with the same guys I've played with for over 35 years):

- Home-brewed D6 low-fantasy

- Home-brewed D6 steampunk/CoC mashup

- Home-brewed D6 post-apocalyptic 1980's teen/zombie mashup (Strictly for laughs)

Well to tell the truth, I have no idee, it was created when I wanted to.pla an online game and evry single.name that I chose was taken and so I just constructed.a.random name and this is what I came up with, I must say though that my favourite number is the number 25.

The first and only tabletop RPG I ever played was D&D, me and a couple of friends started playing it about a year ago and it went on for about a year after which the gang broke up because no one wanted to GM and we did not completely understand everything.

I have not yet Gmed a tabletop RPG, but that is why I am here, I want to learn more about the hero system to be able to gm my own game with some friends.

• What are you currently playing/GMing

Unfortunately not.

• 3 months later...

• How did I come up with my handle?  My favourite champions character is called "Silver Paladin" (basically a British version of Tony Stark/Iron Man) - swapped round and using the chemical symbol/latin for Silver.

First RPG played?  D&D just after going to grammar school.  Haven't played D&D in a loooong time.

First RPG you GM'd?  Traveller with LBB.  Still do Traveller off and on.  Wrote a fair amount and reviewed a lot else for the first version of Mongoose Traveller.  I didn't actually start playing Champions until I was at uni.

What are you currently playing?  Coming back to RPG (and Champions) after organising and running a re-fight of the Battle of Jutland for the Museum of the Royal Navy.

Its the first initial of my first name and my last name.  I gave up on coming up with cute login names about 10-15 years ago.

AD&D 1980.  There were only three RPGs I could find at the store at that time.  D&D, V&V, and Gamma World.

V&V, the players investigated a downed ship on Mars.  They were torturing a guy who didn't know anything who worked for the bad guys and accidentally killed him.  Then they pplayed around with the spaceship on Mars and fire a wave motion cannon scarring the face of Mars.

Pathfinder, Shadowrun 5th, and Champions 6th

I'm not exactly a lurker but...

My current Handle was the name of one of my World of Warcraft Characters, a goblin mage. Lately I use it all over the net (including on the paizo forums and Steam). A cantrip is a mischevious or playful act, or a trick; in gaming parlance a cantrip is a weak or minor spell. I misspell it's past-tense on purpose because I like the way it looks as "cantriped" better than "cantripped".

The first tabletop RPG I played was a mix of 1st and 2nd edition AD&D, and I was 4 years old when I rolled that character; my mother was the GM at that table.

The first tabletop RPG I ran as GM was 3rd edition D&D.

I am not currently playing in any games (the last game I played in was a pathfinder campaign). I am currently running a Pathfinder campaign, but I have run a few HERO campaigns as well over the years.

The HERO System has been my favorite gaming system for almost a decade now. I currently use the Champions Complete/Fantasy HERO Complete rulesets (which I consider to be as distinct an edition as 5th revised was to 5th). You will most frequently see my name show up in threads regarding rules questions or character building. One of my hobbies is writing up characters and concepts from the shows I watch in HERO system.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new too.

My forum name is digeridork. I'm a bit of a dork and I like the sounds you can produce with a didgeridoo.

The first tabletop RPG game that I played in was Star Wars d6 sometime around 1990. 

The first tabletop RPG game that I ran was a very short lived d6 Star Wars game about 1991. Been running games ever since.

I am currently in the character creation stage for a Champions game. 

I am currently running a 2nd Edition Dungeons and Dragons Birthright game. Next week I will be running a Savage Worlds Scooby Doo game for some friends as part of our traditional Halloween scary RPG session.

I was first introduced to Champions sometime in the mid-90s working graveyard at a call center. I played a pool cleaner that tossed lightning balls and fought with an electrically charged pool hand skimmer . It wasn't a well thought out character, but he was made between handling two irate callers so there's that. I didn't actually play again until 2010 when my roommate brought home a copy of 5th Edition Hero.

I've enjoyed learning a system that I was initially very overwhelmed with and this forum has been especially helpful for that, so thanks.

How did you come up with your 'handle' (forum name)?

Nijiru is a bastardized-weeb version of my real name that I came up with when I was 14.  Been using it since.  :P

What was the first tabletop RPG you played?

D&D 3rd ED, way back in high school.

What was the first tabletop RPG you GMed?

D&D 5th ED, Hoard of the Spider Queen, last summer.  Got to around level 5 before one of the guys moved out of province and the rest of the group agreed to stop playing until we reboot the game when we all have the free time.

What are you currently playing/GMing?

I'm playing Hero System 6th ED in a cyber-punk-ish game, acting as a policing force to bring law and order back to part of a war-torn country.  I'm playing a combat medic.

• 2 months later...

I have an aversion to threads like this, due to another forum i post on (for 14 years!) where threads/posts like this don't go down well at all. :)

But here goes.

How did you come up with your 'handle' (forum name)?

Ema nymton is 'not my name' in reverse. Something I learnt from a computer game i played years ago

What was the first tabletop RPG you played?

WFRP 1st ed

What was the first tabletop RPG you GMed?

WFRP 1st ed i was about 13, it did not go well.

What are you currently playing/GMing?

Nothing really. But hero is just fun to play around with.

Long time lurker, first time poster

A few years ago there was a Cincinnati Bengal (football) named Chad Johnson who changed his name to Ocho Cinco (his # was 85, makes sense right?). I thought that was bombastic, but figured I could do better and changed mine to Ocho Infinito. Years rolled by and I shortened it because there "could be only one"....uh...Ocho.

D&D late seventies

D&D late seventies

Just wrapped playing a Western Hero (4th Ed)

Playing 5th Ed D&D

Gearing up to run either a Star Wars Hero (6th Ed) or D&D 5th Ed

Already did this, but just realized I never filled out my profile. Just fixed it, maybe someday I'll add a pic.

And E Nymtom, this forum is really quite pleasant. In fact, it has quickly turned into one of my favorites. I tire nowadays at the idea that freedom of discourse requires utter ruthlessness or that there is some victory to be won by making some people you like on the internet feel proud at whatever clever but jerky things you said today to a stranger. I'm starting to find that self moderation appears to actually be a bad thing to too many people on too many forums.

People here seem to be themselves, not some role they made up. Which is hugely ironic, given that this is a role playing game forum. Whereas out in the wild web, people seem to be taking roles in order to fulfill some wish fulfillment in a game no one else agreed to play.

The worst part of it all? Their builds are never balanced and their alter egos always have the worst names. What, you are a blue collar worker posting all day against the evils of X under the indefatigable guise of TwinkleDank_23? But, what blue collar job do you have again, that lets you post all day?

It's like middle school has been extended for everyone. Here, it's like hanging out with your old gaming buds. As adults. Occasionally immature adults, but not at the expense of anyone else. Of course, some members get along better with certain members than others, but everyone seems to get that it's a place for everyone.

It's just my name!  :winkgrin:

Dr. Who  :jawdrop:

Champions  :rockon:

Champions and some other games, all using Hero System  :yes:

Hi, my handle is Storyarama, and it came from a time where I was doing Storytelling as a hobby.

My first time playing was with AD&D 1st ed. I was actually headed to summer camp when I heard some of the kids on the bus talking about what spells they were taking, and I just had to find out what that meant. That was the week of summer camp that changed the whole direction of my life.

My first time GMing was a couple weeks later after camp, when I put together a dungeon and had a buddy run a party of characters through it. Apparently, giants and first level characters do not mix well. TPK. Oooops. Learned some important lessons though.

Currently running: Champions 5th ed., Fantasy Hero for 5th ed., AD&D 3.5

Currently playing: Champions 5th ed., AD&D 3.5, Star Wars D20