Brass/Spiked/etc. Knuckles?

rosestar130

Before I go on, I will say that I'm using 5th Edition - because it's what I have. I'm also fairly new to the system, too.

Anyway!

I have a character who makes weapons out of discarded instruments - swords made out of broken guitar necks, crossbows out of snare drums with torn heads - whatever he can get his hands on. Though, he makes these for the organization he is a part of and doesn't really uses the weapons he makes. Instead, he uses a set of knuckles with spikes in combination with his boxing.

I was looking through the book, and I can't find it anywhere.

In the system, what are brass/spiked knuckles considered? What'd be their stats?

Well, it also makes a difference if you're using superheroic or heroic assumptions.

I'd probably do spiked knuckles as a small killing attack. To use in conjunction with Boxing, I'd say you need the Weapons Element.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary claims to be superheroic at one end

Well, it also makes a difference if you're using superheroic or heroic assumptions.

I'd probably do spiked knuckles as a small killing attack. To use in conjunction with Boxing, I'd say you need the Weapons Element.

I'm working under more realistic settings [real-world, slightly different tech] but this works! Thanks!

Brass Knuckles are usually modeled as +2d6 Hand-Attack.

You could argue they should be a low-level KA.

The problem: their non-existent STR Minimum means the damage adder ramps up too fast.

But, with hit locations in play, or 5E StunX, it could work without a STR Minimum.

So, 1 Pip KA becomes 1/2d6 KA with Strength - and is effective when stun is calculated.

You could just buy Martial Strike, offensive strike, or Killing strike as Martial arts with a weapon element being Brass nuckles, etc. When you buy Martial Arts, you get one free default Weapon element, so make that the nuckles.

You could also buy the same M.A. and say the Weapon Element is your fists because he is a boxer. Then buy one or two DC levels of Martial Arts (base four pts a piece) then add on an OIF (obvious inaccessible focus): Brass Knuckles. Thia will let you be a good boxer who can pump out a touch more damage with a weapon.

Soar.