I think I am doing something wrong...with combat

Last month I asked a lot of questions to figure out combat with MHI and the Hero system in general.  Thank you so much for your advice and help.

So after running my first adventure I have to say I kind of like the system.  But it also raised some more questions.

One in particular is that it seemed like the players stunned the monsters easily, but could not touch their body.  They were using guns with multi-fire (five shots), by the time they shot 5 times in one phase and accounted for the extra stun damage from hit locations, the poor wererat had taken 40-50 more points of stun damage even after accounting for PD.  So they might have taken a point or two of body, but had exceeded their stun by double (or more in some cases).  So definitely unconscious, but not dead, then they just cut of the head and were done.  It was a little anticlimactic.

Did we do it right.  I mean the poor wererat didn't last more than 2 phases.

A wererat only has 2 points of resistant PD, so even a gun doing 1d6 RKA should have done a BODY point or two on average per hit.

Even if it was getting hit in locations with x1/2 BODY multipliers, the BODY doesn't drop below a minimum of 1, if that is what got through its resistant PD.

You do all multiplying and dividing of BODY damage for hit locations and any Damage Reduction after seeing what got through PD/rPD.

If you were dividing the BODY damage first and then applying the result against rPD, you likely won't see any BODY damage being done, just a mass of STUN.

If they hit with 5 shots, I'm not surprised. Perhaps you can spell out more details - an Autofire attack hits with one hit if it just hits, and another hit for every 2 the attack hit by, so even if the PC would hit on a 14 or less (a pretty high OCV advantage over the wererat), all five shots would only hit on a 6 or less.

A 1d6 KA should average 3.5 BOD (1.5 past 2 rDEF) and around 10.5 STUN. Head shots and other high multiple locations would boost the STUN, but also boost the BOD. How did you compute the damage from a hit? That detail might help us see any error. I will assume Ratty had 2 rDEF, plus 3 PD for a total of 5 PD, 2 Resistant.

A 3 BOD head shot would get 15 STUN (-5 PD = 10 STUN taken) and 2 BOD (3 - 2 rPD = 1 x 2 for a head shot). A x1/2 BOD, x2 STUN location would still get 1 BOD and 6 - 5 = 1 STUN to Ratty. Those don't seem consistent with your results.