Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bubblegmkd

import errors on many characterpack in v1.06

Hi,

First thank you for purchasing HCM and upgrading.

As the product is in a constant evolution and the import file format changes over time it is important to regenerate the import file from your HD characters.  I usually try to include something in the readme file about needing to do that.

I am believe the next version of HCM will have a import file format that will not change for a long time.

I guess I'm not following you or I didn't explain myself well. I recently upgraded my character packs - purchasing all the new 6e versions of villains, I exported them to new XML files for use in HCM via combat export. Several won't import into v1.06 they get errors starting at Combat Skill Levels....according to the message....I then opened v1.04 and they import fine...so something changed in the way its interpreting that data. But it's not all characters...for example Ankylosaur worked fine, but Armadillo did not. Hope that helps.

Thanks for looking into it.

I believe bluesguy meant that you should make sure you use the current export format that comes with 1.06 as it has changed since 1.04. If the files are working with 1.04, it sounds like you may not be using the current export format file.

If that's not the case, I'll defer to bluesguy.

IBut it's not all characters...for example Ankylosaur worked fine, but Armadillo did not. Hope that helps.

Thanks for looking into it.

Ah now I understand.

I will take a look.  Funny I just used Ankylosaur & Armadillo in a game (2 Sunday's ago).  Of course I am running my beta version so I didn't see a problem.  :shock:

I will test run with 1.06 and see what happens.

Thank you Scott and bubblegmkd.

Just exported Armadillo using the 1.06 template and then loading him into HCM 1.06 and it worked fine.

bubblegmkd - Please follow the instructions in the user manual for submitting a bug. 

Thank you