DC Movies- if at first you don't succeed...

Cassandra

I never figured Batgirl for a bruiser, she's always been the teenage daughter as I saw her, until later in her career.  So small isn't so much an issue.  Yes, in a real universe, she'd go out andg et beat like tent peg by an average sized guy, but this is superheroes, so tiny little waifs can beat up big bruisers.

Yeah, that makes sense.

I'm also thinking about which universe she will inhabit. If it were a Marvel/MCU-ish universe, then young and petite would probably work well. If it were the CWverse, it might still work okay since there have been notable examples of that already (Thea as Speedy). But if she is to be part of the Snyderverse (DCEU) then it might be a rough fit.

You mean shot and paralyzed?

I know there were plans to do a live-action version of The Killing Joke, but they were shelved. If they do a Batgirl movie, they could always have Jared Leto do the deed with Harley looking on approvingly. This would be consistent with what they alluded to with regard to Robin in Suicide Squad.

You mean shot and paralyzed?

I know there were plans to do a live-action version of The Killing Joke, but they were shelved. If they do a Batgirl movie, they could always have Jared Leto do the deed with Harley looking on approvingly. This would be consistent with what they alluded to with regard to Robin in Suicide Squad.

Entertainment, everybody!

No. I'm not. I have never, nor will I ever, read The Killing Joke. I've heard what happens and that's enough to tell me I want nothing to do with it. Alan Moore is a sick twisted shit, and so is DC for publishing it. Not because Barbara is crippled. It's what happens after that completely disgusts me.

NO! I am NOT entertained!

Man, why does DC insist on doing things out of order?

They need to introduce the Bat family in a batman film before giving Batgirl and Nightwing their own movies.

Suicide squad was too early. Those villians should have been introduced in other movies first.

Dark knight returs story too early. Doomsday too early. Death of Superman too early.

I'm noticing a trend. DC needs to slow the F down.

We've had plenty of Batmovies, I'm sure audiences will get the gist. It's not even the first time Batgirl's been on screen. Not that the other time is worth thinking about.

Batgirl has been in exactly one film and it was 20 something years ago and the worst film in the franchises history. Starting fresh and starting things off right would be beneficial methinks.

No. I'm not. I have never, nor will I ever, read The Killing Joke. I've heard what happens and that's enough to tell me I want nothing to do with it. Alan Moore is a sick twisted shit, and so is DC for publishing it. Not because Barbara is crippled. It's what happens after that completely disgusts me.

NO! I am NOT entertained!

Badguys.

It's too bad that realistic portrayals of the things they would actually do doesnt remain in the PG-13 zone.

I agree that DCU needs to slow down, but they started later than Marvel, so they are kind of playing catch-up.  At least one film of Batgirl on her own before anything dire happens to her would be good.  A cameo in the next Batfleck movie, her own film, then maybe Killing Joke, setting up Birds of Prey!