DC Movies- if at first you don't succeed...

Cassandra

So, now that they have "successfully" established the DC universe in movies, the next thing announced is 2 Joker movies, one not in continuum. course, I wasn't a fan of Leto's Joker, but this seems pretty unintelligent.

http://cad-comic.com/

story: http://deadline.com/2017/08/the-joker-origin-movie-todd-phillips-martin-scorsese-scott-silver-batman-dc-universe-1202154053/

It also appears to be an open question as to whether or not the next Batman movie will be part of the DCEU. The parade of stupid just keeps marching on...

No, director Matt Reeves has clarified his comments on that front: http://batman-news.com/2017/08/24/matt-reeves-clarifies-comments-the-batman-is-in-the-dc-extended-universe/

I think the reason that Cyborg has been chosen as the "black" Justice League member in both comics and movies is that he is an original black character as opposed to a spinoff of a white character like Steel (spun off from Superman and, at least last time I looked, wears the "S") or the John Stewart Green Lantern.

And Vixen was busy with the DC Legends of Tomorrow, and Heaven Forbid they put another Woman in the Justice League.

That's not present day Vixen. She's from the JSA.

Besides, the two aren't connected anyway. They've used several characters currently in the TV shows in the DCEU movies.

The modern day Vixen was a member of the Justice League back in the 1980s during the Detroit Bunker phase.

To be honest I didn't know that Cisco Ramone was based on Vibe, but glad they reformed him.

The modern day Vixen was a member of the Justice League back in the 1980s during the Detroit Bunker phase.

I'm not sure if we're talking past each other, so apologies in advance.

To clarify what I was saying: In the CW DC Universe, there are two Vixen characters. The one who is in Legends of Tomorrow is portrayed as a member of the JSA and is the grandmother of the modern day Vixen who appeared in Arrow. 

I liked Guy Gardner, too actually :)  he was such an interesting mix with the square jawed heroes that made up the rest of the league.  Plus having Batman beat the crap out of him regularly to keep him in line was interesting.

I think they could have green lantern in the group by having one of the girl lanterns do it instead; Arisia, for example.  That would add a female to the mix and she's really powerful.  It would allow them to have the corps in the DCU but ignore the travesty that the Green Lantern movie was.

I'm not sure if we're talking past each other, so apologies in advance.

To clarify what I was saying: In the CW DC Universe, there are two Vixen characters. The one who is in Legends of Tomorrow is portrayed as a member of the JSA and is the grandmother of the modern day Vixen who appeared in Arrow. 

I know.  The actress who played Arrow Vixen wasn't available for Legends so they used her grandmother.

I'm thinking that Wonder Woman wasn't as good as everyone thought, it just wasn't as bad as Man of Steel and Batman v Superman.

I liked Reynolds' portrayal of Kyle Rayner.

That really was most of the problem for me (other than the lousy bad guy).  He just wasn't Hal Jordan.  Completely the wrong casting.  The writing wasn't terrific either, and they tried to do too much (you intro the corps maybe the 2nd or 3rd movie, not right away). 

That really was most of the problem for me (other than the lousy bad guy).  He just wasn't Hal Jordan.  Completely the wrong casting.  The writing wasn't terrific either, and they tried to do too much (you intro the corps maybe the 2nd or 3rd movie, not right away). 

And you don't send a raw rookie up against the baddest bad guy that even the Guardians don't want to go after.

I know.  The actress who played Arrow Vixen wasn't available for Legends so they used her grandmother.

I'm thinking that Wonder Woman wasn't as good as everyone thought, it just wasn't as bad as Man of Steel and Batman v Superman.

OK, gotcha. I was just thrown by the JL comic reference, so wasn't sure we were on the same sheet of music.

As far as Wonder Woman, I didn't really have any major (and not really any minor that come immediately to mind) issues with it and thought Gadot was amazing in the role. To each their own, I guess. :D

OK, gotcha. I was just thrown by the JL comic reference, so wasn't sure we were on the same sheet of music.

As far as Wonder Woman, I didn't really have any major (and not really any minor that come immediately to mind) issues with it and thought Gadot was amazing in the role. To each their own, I guess. :D

I took an online quiz "Which Wonder Woman are you?"   I came up with Lynda Carter.  So I'm more TV then movies.