DC Movies- if at first you don't succeed...

Cassandra

1 hour ago, bigdamnhero said:

The question is whether DC is self-aware enough to have a character make that joke in-character or not, and who gets to make it. My money’s on Flash. 

This Flash is a kid, so IMHO less likely than Batman or Aquaman.

My money's on Arthur. He looks like the sort of guy with that kind of music on his playlist. 

I'm hoping Punisher is better than the preview made it look.  I'm not fond of vast government conspiracy stories.  He hunts gangsters and criminals because they killed his family.  If it was eeevil white CIA guys who did it, then he'd be the guy who kills government officials and spies.

I get that they are afraid of having ethnic gangs be the targets of the Punisher's wrath and nobody buys that the Mafia is in charge anywhere any longer, but still.

31 minutes ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

I'm hoping Punisher is better than the preview made it look.  I'm not fond of vast government conspiracy stories.  He hunts gangsters and criminals because they killed his family.  If it was eeevil white CIA guys who did it, then he'd be the guy who kills government officials and spies.

I get that they are afraid of having ethnic gangs be the targets of the Punisher's wrath and nobody buys that the Mafia is in charge anywhere any longer, but still.

Couldn't he go after the Russian Mob?  Nobody likes them.

We're probably stuck with Corrupt, Evil Government as superhero villain for the foreseeable future. It seems to be the only villain the general public can relate to right now, and Hollywood is always desperately falling over itself in its attempt to appear "relevant".

And it looks like Joss Whedon is taking the heat for adding all the sophomoric humor to the movie. Somehow I have a feeling they'll find a way to blame him for the new Amazon outfits too.

I saw the movie last night and generally enjoyed it.Yes Wonder Woman was moping a bit, but she was also the fierce warrior princess at times too. I especially liked the new, kick ass Aquaman and the young naive Flash (although I agree he might not be to everyone's taste). After the very serious tone of "Batman vs Superman" it was good to see a bit of humour in a D C movie. I don't give a damn what "Rotten Tomatoes" or anyone else says, I enjoyed it and I am looking forward to the sequel that is hinted at in the post credit sequence. I hope it does well at the box office.

The wildly different reviews of JL make me wonder if people are seeing entirely different movies. This is why reviews are useless to me. There's no way someone else's movie experience can or will meaningfully inform/predict my own. In fact, in my experience, my off-the-cuff judgments based strictly on trailers has historically been a far more accurate predictor of what I will think of a movie as a whole (assuming I ever get around to seeing it at all), than anyone else's opinion/review.

I've also heard the $110 million figure from people online who claim to have access to the tracking data, which, to be honest, I've never personally seen. But those tracking numbers often don't match the final official tally, which can be higher or lower, so we'll just have to wait for that.

Still, box office hasn't always been a good indicator of whether I myself like a movie.

9 hours ago, st barbara said:

I saw the movie last night and generally enjoyed it.Yes Wonder Woman was moping a bit, but she was also the fierce warrior princess at times too. I especially liked the new, kick ass Aquaman and the young naive Flash (although I agree he might not be to everyone's taste). After the very serious tone of "Batman vs Superman" it was good to see a bit of humour in a D C movie. I don't give a damn what "Rotten Tomatoes" or anyone else says, I enjoyed it and I am looking forward to the sequel that is hinted at in the post credit sequence. I hope it does well at the box office.

Yup. I didn't think I'd like the Flash, but I did. I pretty much have to agree with you in general. It was very good. I may go see it again.