Jason S.Walters

Strike Force Kickstarter Live!

I wish I had a thousand bucks laying around to contribute. I really want the full-color, hard-cover version. I've already pledged the $100 level, and I think my wife is going to frown on that. Luckily, I had $48 of that from recently selling my second copy of the original SF.

Finally sold that, huh? It's about time! :P

This is awesome! i've never backed a kickstarter project before. Especially one thats made such a past impact on mine and others gaming lives. I feel a sense of pride being able to be a part of making this happen. Can't wait to see the project completed and have the book in my grubby little hands! 

I really hope Aaron's mom is pleased with the reception of this project.

With such a surge of pledges on the first day, I was worried about a dramatic slowdown. The pace certainly has slowed, but the pledges keep rolling in: over $21,000.00 from 323 people at the time I write this, with 25 days to go. The future of the stretch goals looks promising! :bounce:

IMO it's much too early to extrapolate a firm final number. So much of that pledging was a surge out of the gate to get the book funded. Now that it has been the pace has slowed tremendously, which is no surprise. Based on the performance of past Kickstarters, it will likely surge a bit again as we approach stretch goals, and much more toward the end of the funding period.

I'm pretty confident we'll reach full-color, and at least hopeful we can achieve hardcover. Frankly I'll be surprised if the total goes higher than that, albeit delighted.

I agree - most Kickstarters seem to have a 'reverse bell curve' and the middle weeks might be sluggish before the final sprint.  I personally wouldn't mind seeing more add-ons, like a Strike Force poster, a sketchbook of unused art, etc. 

The formula looks like this. The first three days of the kickstarter are your base. Then you double that for a similar total during the last week. You take half of that total and add it on for the part in between.

If that's the case this time, then it should all work out. ($20k first week, $20k last week, and $10k in between = $50k.)

If that's the case this time, then it should all work out. ($20k first week, $20k last week, and $10k in between = $50k.)

It's the first 3 days, not the first week (according to the formula posted by Balabanto). That puts us at $47,205 for the campaign. 

It's the first 3 days, not the first week (according to the formula posted by Balabanto). That puts us at $47,205 for the campaign. 

D'oh! Right, I missed that.

Well, I guess I could live without the fiction book. :(

D'oh! Right, I missed that.

Well, I guess I could live without the fiction book. :(

I missed it on my first read-through as well. I'm just glad the main book is coming out. If the fiction book comes out, that's obviously a bonus, but it won't directly affect my reason for backing the project in the first place.