Jason S.Walters

Strike Force Kickstarter Live!

Well, I just about missed this... by less than an hour! Been out of the RPG mood for a couple months, but tonight I couldn't sleep, so I came to the forums. Saw the kickstarter and ran for my wallet!

I'm looking forward to the original Strike Force PDF. Hearing everyone say such good things about it, I think it's going to be a worthwhile addition to my ever growing Champions shelf. It's all new to me. I'm excited!

I wanted to pledge for a physical copy of the book but shipping to Canada was almost as much as my 50$ pledge level. I understand though, these books get heavy! Hopefully it'll be something my FLGS can get for me.

A few days ago I was pretty sure the drive wouldn't make it to 40,000. Then I saw the final-days push and started to get excited.

Full-color and hardback. Wow. I didn't feel the need for those things for myself, but I can't deny that Aaron Allston's most famous gaming work is worthy of such a package. This book will hold a place of honor on many gamers' shelves.

100% over goal, not too shabby!

Call me greedy, grasping, and salivation incarnate, but it sure sounds like there is more than enough material in Mr. Allston's archives for further kickstarters - whether Champions-related or other genres.  Here's hoping!

100% over goal, not too shabby!

Call me greedy, grasping, and salivation incarnate, but it sure sounds like there is more than enough material in Mr. Allston's archives for further kickstarters - whether Champions-related or other genres.  Here's hoping!

That is the plan.

Been reading the chronicles from 2001 as this PDF file would not save properly first time and you start with Dazzler (yes the one from the X-Men) dieing pretty horribly. Got to Mayhem's death and the end of the concert where this happened. It is just wonderful.

I posted yesterday to the "SF 6E is happening" thread. Copy/Pasting it here as well:

I got my copy yesterday (Tues. 10/25). It was in perfect shape. I ate dinner and then sat down and started reading, totally forgetting to thank Michael, Jason, and everyone else for making such a beautiful book.

And thanks to the man who started it all, Mr. Allston.

*looks up and points to the sky*

My copy arrived today. It's going to take me a few days to sift through it in detail -- there's a lot here. Some initial impressions:

This is one of the handsomest Champions books it's been my privilege to own. High production values, lovely artwork. The layout is very clear and easy to read.

Dear Lord, Aaron's vision was vast! We glimpse so much more of the world (worlds, actually) that he created or shepherded over two decades. It's an objective good that all this no longer languishes in relative obscurity.

A lot of what I loved about the original Strike Force book is here, amplified: the real-world stories behind the campaign; the GM advice; the rich character development.

I love the tributes to Aaron and his work sprinkled throughout the book. It's a touching reminder of how the things we do affect people in ways we never imagine. I can only hope Aaron himself can somehow see it.

Michael, the clarity of your approach to presenting this material makes it easy to absorb, despite its depth and complexity. You also show an admirable knack for knowing when to stand back and let Aaron's own words make the point.

More as I have time to digest.

Thank you,

My copy arrived today. It's going to take me a few days to sift through it in detail -- there's a lot here. Some initial impressions:

This is one of the handsomest Champions books it's been my privilege to own. High production values, lovely artwork. The layout is very clear and easy to read.

Dear Lord, Aaron's vision was vast! We glimpse so much more of the world (worlds, actually) that he created or shepherded over two decades. It's an objective good that all this no longer languishes in relative obscurity.

A lot of what I loved about the original Strike Force book is here, amplified: the real-world stories behind the campaign; the GM advice; the rich character development.

I love the tributes to Aaron and his work sprinkled throughout the book. It's a touching reminder of how the things we do affect people in ways we never imagine. I can only hope Aaron himself can somehow see it.

Michael, the clarity of your approach to presenting this material makes it easy to absorb, despite its depth and complexity. You also show an admirable knack for knowing when to stand back and let Aaron's own words make the point.

More as I have time to digest.