5ER not Ghost Rider

Brother Jim

Not a complete character, but here is a Ghost Riding Power

Ghost Riding: (Total: 230 Active Cost, 151 Real Cost) Possession (Mind Control Effect Roll 55; Telepathy Effect Roll 35), Affects Desolidified One Special Effect of Desolidification (+1/4), No Feedback (+1/2), Transdimensional (Related Group of Dimensions; +3/4) (175 Active Points); Limited Class Of Minds [subset of a class] (Ghosts; -1/2) (Real Cost: 117) <b>plus</b> Extra-Dimensional Movement (Single Dimension: "Inside" the possessed spirit), Trigger (Activating the Trigger is an Action that takes no time, Trigger requires a Turn or more to reset, Character does not control activation of personal Trigger; Trigger event: When possessing; +1/4) (25 Active Points); Linked (Possession; Lesser Power can only be used when character uses greater Power at full value; -3/4) (Real Cost: 14) <b>plus</b> Mind Scan 1d6, One Way Link (+1), Cumulative (96 points; +1 1/2), Damage Over Time, Lock out (cannot be applied multiple times), Target's defenses only apply once (13-16 damage increments, damage occurs every 5 Minutes, +2 1/2) (30 Active Points); Limited Class Of Minds [subset of a class] (Ghosts; -1/2) (Real Cost: 20)

Many spiritualist mediums claim to be possessed by the spirits of the departed, but the Ghost Rider turns that paradigm around, psychically seeking out ghosts order to possess them. The Rider's body dematerializes when in possession of a ghost. Once in the spectral saddle, the Ghost Rider typically rides a ghost right out of its haunted house and into the appropriate afterlife, then dismounts, rematerializing in the physical world.

Lucius Alexander

Palindromedary Rider

He's pretty straightforward. A ton of Running (to eliminate Turn radius), Clinging, Blast for the chain(or you could have the chain be his Stretching with High Strength), TK for other chain abilities, The Penance stare is the hard one. As it is in the movies, it seems to be a KA based on OMCV vs DMCV that does body. I guess you can do it as a transform to mindless soul burned person. GR has High defenses that are hardened.

With him taking extra damage vs Holy attacks (Reversed to unholy attacks in the redeemed version of GR). Shouldn't be too hard to bang out.

I haven't read Ghost Rider since I was like 14, but here's my estimate based on my recollection:

Str 40 (above standard vampire/monster, below Spidey)

Dex 23 (standard superhero)

Con 28 (light brick, supernatural toughness)

Body 18 (?)

Int 13 (kinda smart, I guess)

Ego 23 (demonic will?)

Pre 30 (flaming skull-head guy)

Com 0 (flaming skull-head guy)

PD 25 (very durable)

ED 25 (ditto)

Spd 5 (standard superhero)

Rec 14 (figured)

End 56 (figured)

Stun 52 (figured)

25/25 DR (I don't think he bleeds or anything)

9" Running (give him a decent half-move, but still not that fast on foot)

Evil demon chains

3" Stretching

+3D6 Hand Attack

Penance Stare

Multipower, only vs those who have committed great sin, damage is proportional to level of sin committed (-1/2)

--6D6 Major Transform (to person w/ soul trauma?)

--6D6 Energy Blast, Based on ECV, Does Body

--6D6 RKA?

+20 PRE, Offensive only (-1), linked to Penance Stare (-1/2)

+3 HTH

+2 w/ grab

+4 w/ Penance Stare MP

Breakfall 14-

Combat Driving 18-

KS: Magic stuff, 12-

Mechanics 12-

Stealth 14-

Streetwise 15-

Then his bike would have similar physical stats to him (same Dex and Spd) with:

25" Flight, must touch surface, no turn mode, x8 noncom

The bike can either be a Vehicle, a Follower, or brought to him via a Summon.  

The Penance Stare is kinda tough to do right, because 1) it should theoretically work on anyone, even really tough guys, but 2) he mostly uses it on scrubs.  3) It tends to be a one-shot kill, and so requires a lot of dice.  4)  The "tough" guys he fights are usually sorcerers or demons, and can resist it.  5) To make it more "mystical-feeling" you will probably want to make it go against a Def more exotic than ED, so probably Power Defense or Mental Defense, but this will make it a lot more expensive.  

You could do it with something as simple as a 12D6 Energy Blast, and that'll cover 90% of what he uses it for.  Although he should be able to use it to one-shot powerful opponents who aren't mystically protected.  A normal brick should be pretty vulnerable to it, but Ghost Rider doesn't often fight guys like that.  How much do you want to charge a character for being able to affect people who won't show up in the campaign?  The Penance Stare is really a plot device.  You might give it an activation roll (14-) to represent the occasions where it fails to affect someone like Deadpool.  You probably shouldn't need to roll for a normal street thug though.

I kind of like the version from character write-up I linked to:

4u 8) Penance Stare 9 (END)
Mind Control 4d6 (Human and Demonic class of minds), Custom Adder, No Normal Defense (Childlike Innocence or lacking possession of one’s own or anothers soul; +1), Cumulative (96 points; +1) (90 Active Points); Eye Contact Required (-1/2), Set Effect (Only To Inflict Agony; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4) vs Human and Demonic.
[Note: Target experiences all the pain and suffering that they have inflicted on everyone in their lifetime, and is left emotionally/mentally spent at best and unable to act]

HM