Revelations 1001

bigdamnhero

Episode 3 – Constantinople:

April 4th: Thyri and Edmondo’s new galley makes better time heading into the wind than Pironti’s cog, so they make it to Constantinople a day ahead of the rest. The surviving pirates, newly converted to Christianity, decide staying in your service beats being left stranded and penniless in a hostile foreign country where they don’t speak the language. Edmondo checks in with his Church contacts, while Thyri sells the ship for a tidy profit and then disappears…

April 5th: Pironti’s ship arrives, and Edmondo links up with Aeddan, Abida & Geralt. You learn that the Emperor Basil is in the field with the Imperial Army at Antioch. You find Thyri beating the crap out of some Varangian Guard for information on some people she’s looking for, which is apparently how she’s spent the last 24 hours; you keep her from killing the Varangian and getting arrested. Edmondo takes Aeddan & Geralt to a bath house to meet with the Archbishop of Milan, who is here trying to arrange a marriage between (Western) Emperor Otto III and a Byzantine princess. They discuss local church politics: the Patriarch of Constantinople has passed away, and several clergymen are vying to succeed him.

Thyri & Abida go to a cock fight, where they run into “co-Emperor” Constantine VIII, Emperor Basil’s younger brother – a hedonistic fool with no political power or responsibilities. Thyri makes out with Constantine, and then they leave him hanging with the 11th Century equivalent of “Call Me.”

April 6th: The next day, Archbishop Arnulf arranges for you all to formally meet with Constantine in his box at the Hippodrome. Everyone is surprised to learn that Thyri and Constantine already know one another, and they [ahem] renew their acquaintance while Edmondo regales everyone with the (somewhat embellished) story of your battle with the pirates. Abida talks with Constantine’s daughter, Princess Zoe Porphyrogenita ("born in the purple"), and sells her on the idea of marrying Emperor Otto; the deal is sealed and Zoe is formally betrothed to Otto.

Meanwhile, Aeddan and Geralt spot a strange, charismatic-looking foreigner in the stands who they noticed preaching in the Forum yesterday. Asking around, they learn he is Radhames an Envoy from Prince Kor. He presented Constantine with a Concubine – a mesmerizing young woman named Suren – and in return has been given the right to preach “the Gospel of Kor” in the City. Word is that Kor’s army is SE of the Caspian Sea moving against the Ghaznavid Empire and/or the Buyid Emirates – which, if true, might indicate that his military strength is greater than you had believed.

• 2 months later...

9 Sessions in, here are some random thoughts/observations on how things are going, some specific to this campaign, and some applicable to fantasy gaming more generally:

Tl:dr - everyone seems to be enjoying themselves. After last week's game, two players were debating whether that session was the Best Game Session Ever, or only in their personal Top 10. So I'll take that as a win! (Who knew being captured and tortured by the Antichrist wound be such a crowd-pleaser?)

One challenge has been that roughly half the PCs are outdoorsey types with poor social skills, and the other half are urban-social characters with poor outdoorsey skills. So when we're in the city doing political intrigue, half the players are bored/useless, and when we're on the road/wilderness, the other half are bored/useless. So I'm working harder to bridge that gap and keep everyone engaged at the same time.

As I've alluded to elsewhere, the lack of a common tongue has been more of a pain in the butt than I expected. Aside from several info-dumps almost getting completely missed due to language differences, I think it's made some of the players feel a step removed from the action when they can't talk to the NPCs directly. So I've gained a new appreciation for that RPG trope.

The thing about low-fantasy games is: once you let the PCs have magic, they're going to expect to use it regularly. As well they should - they paid points for them, after all. But it's harder to maintain the feel of "magic is this really rare thing" when literally every combat includes at least one verifiable miracle. I'm moving into acceptance on this one - nothing I can do about it now without nerfing entire character concepts.

Along similar lines, in hindsight I kinda wish I'd been more restrictive about the use of magical Healing. Harder to keep things gritty when the Priest heals everybody's wounds as soon as the battle is over. But the idea was to use Biblical miracles as the basis, and particularly in the NT 90% of them were some form of healing.

Another thing about low fantasy games is it can be really hard to work in things from a PC's backstory - family dynamics, clan politics, etc - when they're all 2000+ miles from home. I thought of that in terms of whether or not something is worth a Complication, but it also has I think made it harder for a couple players to get into character because their backstories just don't come up as often.

The problem with prophecies (like the Book of Revelation and its equivalent passages in the Quoran): if things play out exactly as prophesied, then there are no surprises. And if things don't follow the script exactly, then you have subverted/nullified the prophecy. "As It Was Foretold" has always been my least-favorite literary device, and frankly this has only reinforced that for me.

Google Earth and the Internet generally are a godsend for historical games! "So what does the terrain north of us look like?" "I dunno, let's take a look..." (Mostly doing that between games, not actually at the table.) Similarly, being able to pull up paintings of what 11th Century Constantinople actually looked like really makes things feel more real and lived in.

For someone whose knowledge of medieval history has been very Europe-centric, researching what's going on east of the Bosporus has been highly educational. I mean I knew 11th century Europe was basically a backwater, but I hadn't fully appreciated just how much. The further east they travel it's like moving forward in time several centuries. And I keep looking into areas that in my mind were blank spots on the map, and finding out actually it's been highly settled and developed for 2000 years at this point. Sobering to realize just how selective my education has been.

And after struggling to pronounce actual Arabic names like Mahmud bin Sebuktigin, and Abol-Hasan Qābūs ibn Wušmagīr ibn Ziyar Sams al-maʿālī, I will never again make fun of fantasy authors for their unpronounceable names.

Along similar lines, in hindsight I kinda wish I'd been more restrictive about the use of magical Healing. Harder to keep things gritty when the Priest heals everybody's wounds as soon as the battle is over. But the idea was to use Biblical miracles as the basis, and particularly in the NT 90% of them were some form of healing.

To be fair, the disciples who followed Christ saw lots of miracles that He performed, but the general public did not see them.

Hence the PC's are the disciples seeing the miracles and being part of history...  Just a different view for you

Fun Fact! The terms Faerie and Fae are actually from the later middle ages, and aren't in use in the 11th Century.

Among the Norse/Germans/Anglo-Saxons, they're the Alfir or Elves.

To the Irish & Scottish, they're the Aos sí or Sidhe ("people of the mounds").

To the Welsh, they're known as the Tylwyth Teg ("fair family”).

In Slavic/Russian lands, they're called the Villa.

Greco-Roman culture doesn't have Elves per se, but the Nymphs are probably the closest parallel.

I decided to go with "Fey" as the name they call themselves.

• 10 months later...
On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 5:11 PM, bigdamnhero said:

Heh, I can't believe I didn't catch this before, but Prince Kor, Steve's version of the Antichrist in Post-Apoc Hero, is built on 666 points. :rofl:

Sounds like a sicks sicks sicks joke.

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 11:05 AM, bigdamnhero said:

Fun Fact! The terms Faerie and Fae are actually from the later middle ages, and aren't in use in the 11th Century.

Among the Norse/Germans/Anglo-Saxons, they're the Alfir or Elves.

To the Irish & Scottish, they're the Aos sí or Sidhe ("people of the mounds").

To the Welsh, they're known as the Tylwyth Teg ("fair family”).

In Slavic/Russian lands, they're called the Villa.

Greco-Roman culture doesn't have Elves per se, but the Nymphs are probably the closest parallel.

I decided to go with "Fey" as the name they call themselves.

Don't stop there - do the player characters go to the fey world or what?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary says they could have a fay old time

On 10/31/2017 at 6:17 PM, Lucius said:

Don't stop there - do the player characters go to the fey world or what?

They did, a couple times actually. Tldr...

In an early adventure, they had saved a couple of kids from a pack of wolves; it turned out the kids were fey, so it earned them some Faerie Karma Points.

Several sessions later, they were on the run from the Antichrist's forces outside of Rey (modern-day Tehran), ducked into a cave to hide...and came out in Faerie. (Faerie Karma Payback.) They spent a few days in a nearby fey village recovering from their wounds, made some new friends, and underwent a few friendly challenges: an archery contest, a swords duel, a footrace, and a story-telling contest. They also volunteered to find The Lost Swords Of The Fey somewhere in the world of men and return them to their new fey friends. Oh, and they killed a couple fomorians, as you do.

One of the PCs took his new fey girlfriend as a Contact, so she has popped up a few times since then.

Several sessions later, they managed to recover the two McGuffins swords and return them to the fey - which will have consequences down the road a bit. They also accidentally started a war between the fey and the fomorians, which will also have consequences down the road!

Our last session, they needed to get from Ireland to Italy in a hurry, so they decided to take a "shortcut" through faerie. It remains to be seen how that's going to work out for them... :eg:

• 2 months later...
On 1/30/2018 at 2:53 PM, grandmastergm said:

How has the campaign been going?

Really well; thanks for asking! I stopped posting recaps because it didn't seem like anyone was actually reading them, but in summary:

From Constantinople, they headed East over the Caucasus, and met up with Kor's army near Rey. (Current-day Tehran.)

They infiltrated the army and were getting good intel, but they slipped up and got captured.

They spent a session getting tortured by Kor's daughter, before eventually managing to escape. I was surprised at how much the players loved this session!

While hiding from Kor's army, they stumbled onto a portal to Faerie and spent a few days there. (See above post.)

They left Faerie through another portal and found themselves outside of Kiev. Grand Prince Vladimir had fallen under Kor's influence, but the Heroes were able to free him.

They learned that Othar Trygvasson, the King of Norway who was thought to have died last year, had headed through here several weeks earlier gathering warriors as he went. Having reason to suspect Trygvasson is also the Horseman of War, they decided to go after him.

They caught up with Trygvasson as he was attacking the fleet of Danish King Sweyn Forkbeard and the mercenary Jomsvikings. Trygvasson's forces seemed to be winning, partly due to his inhuman strength. The Heroes joined the battle, engaging Trygvasson and his chief retainers on the deck of his own longship. After a long, fierce battle, Aeddan pinned Trygvasson's kidney to the mast with an arrow, and Thyri cut off his head. One Horseman down!

In the aftermath, Thyri fought a duel with her nemesis, the Jarl who killed her family, etc. Thyri killed her enemy, but not before he nicked her with a poisoned blade. With Thyri dying, they called on their Fey friends to take her off to Faerie/Avalon/Whatever until she could be healed. [The player was moving out of town.]

The Heroes got information that the two Fey swords they had promised to recover were somewhere in Ireland, so they headed that way.

They stopped off in Aeddan's homeland of Wales first, defeated a plot to destabilize Wales by turning Aeddan against his King, and defeated an ancient Welsh enemy called the Coraniaid. (Who are really cool and you should totally Google them!)

Hopping over to Ireland, where Brian Boru is challenging the rule of High King Mael Sechnail. The heroes pick up a new PC, a semi-crazy pilgrim carrying a ton of Holy Relics (most of which are completely bogus...), and succeed in recovering the two Fey swords from a dungeon that may have been built by Odin? Afterwards, having figured out that High King Mael is going blind, the alchemist and the herbalist try to restore his sight...rolling not one buy two natural 3s in a row! :hail:They not only restore Mael's eyesight to 20-20, but he now also can see into the future! :snicker: Mael realizes that Brian Boru is the leader Ireland truly needs right now, and abdicates in his favor, ending the civil war and reuniting Ireland. The crowning of the new High King at Tara is interrupted by an army of wicked Fae, led by several monstrous Fomorians. With the Heroes holding the center of the line, they are able to kill or drive off all the wicked Fey.

About that time, a messenger arrives from Rome, announcing that Emperor Otto and Pope Sylvester have called a great Council of the Kings of Christendom, to be held in the City of Venice, to discus the threat posed by Kor. But the Heroes don't have the time to reach Italy by normal travel, so they decide to take a shortcut through Faerie.

Unfortunately, they lose their way (due to some mischievous illusions cast by one of the wicked Fey who survived the battle). They wind up at the castle of a gigantic Fomorian named Cathaoir, formerly their fiercest warrior, but who has taken an oath of peace out of love for his "improbably beautiful wife" who may be the goddess Bridgit and/or the Irish Saint Bridget of Kildare. Unfortunately they are told that by using the Fey swords to kill Fomorians at Tara, they accidentally violated an ancient treaty and started a war between the Fomorians and the Fey. (Whoops!) They convince Cathaoir and Brigit to go try to persuade the Fomorians not to wipe out the Fey. [Results TBD]

Leaving Faerie, they find themselves outside of Rome, which is in revolt against Emperor Otto (who is German). They find Otto camped with his army outside the walls of Rome, desperately in need of both a military and a moral victory here to solidify his credibility as Roman Emperor. But it seems the City's defenders have some supernatural help. Sneaking inside the walls, the Heroes find the leader of the opposition is their old frenemy Count Gregory (from way back in episode 1), along with some demonic forces sent by Kor. The Heroes manage to kill Gregory and the demons, and do so in such a way that the Senate sees the light, throws open the gates, and welcomes Otto in begging his forgiveness. The heroes grab a quick couple hours of sleep, because in the morning they have to ride like hell to get Otto to Venice in time for the Council he called.

Whew! And that's where we're paused at the moment. 33 bi-weekly game sessions, 6 months game time. I'm seeing the Venetian Council as the end of Act 2 and start of Act 3, as the Heroes gather together the allies they've made for the final battle against Kor...

BTW, here's how I ran the whole "Tortured by the Antichrist" session. Basically during the day they were either force-marched in chains along with the army, or held in coffin-sized boxes designed to make it impossible to get any rest. Oh, and they's also been slipped a tiny potion that made them all sick with diarrhea, so that was fun - especially since the poison was one their own alchemist had created. I handled the poison as a Drain vs CON, REC, END & STUN. Each day, each Hero had to make a CON Roll to keep going in the face of sickness, starvation, and sleep deprivation.

Each night, Kor's daughter would bring the exhausted PCs into her wagon one at a time to question them. Since she was basically asking them all the same questions, I ran the interrogations simultaneously even tho in game time they were sequential. I handled this as a series of cumulative Interrogation Rolls opposed by the PCs' EGO Rolls; PCs with Interrogation or Faith (Power Skill) could use that as Complimentary. If the Interrogation Roll succeeded, then the PCs talked, although PCs could use Acting, etc to try and lie. The problem was because they had no way to coordinate their stories, even their lies weren't very effective. I mainly left it up to the players to determine what information they gave and how. (My players are awesome, so I knew they would roleplay the hell out of it.) Also the PCs had to make CON Rolls each torture session to avoid taking damage.

My favorite bits: Edmondo the priest totally broke down on like Day 2 and told them everything he knew, but by that point he was pretty delirious and wasn't making a lot of sense. And Thyri the Viking made all her CON Rolls (of course) but failed a couple of EGO Rolls, so she told them everything she knew about Byzantine politics...which was basically jack-all! :snicker:

After 3 days of this, they managed to escape.

I had been more than a little nervous about how the players would react to this session. But it turned out the LOVED it for the great roleplaying opportunity it was!

While I'm at it, I had meant to post my interpretation of an interesting race of creatures from Welsh myth called the Coraniaid:

Coraniaid

Val   Char   Cost    Roll     Notes

12    STR       2       11-      Lift 132.0kg; 2d6+1 [2]

12    DEX      4       11-      OCV:  6/8/DCV:  6/9

14    CON      4       12-

10    INT        0       11-      PER Roll 11-/16-

12    EGO      2       11-      ECV:  3 - 3

12    PRE       2       11-      PRE Attack:  2d6

6+2  OCV      5      

6+3  DCV      5      

3     OMCV  0      

3     DMCV  0      

3     SPD      10                  Phases:  4, 8, 12

12+2 PD          2                   Total:  12/14 PD (8/10 rPD)

12+2 ED         2                   Total:  12/14 ED (8/10 rED)

5     REC      1

25    END      1

11    BODY   1

25    STUN    3       Total Characteristic Cost:  39

Movement:    Running:  10m/20m

Leaping:  2m/4m

Swimming:  1m/2m

Cost   Powers                                                                                   END

Hearing-Based Abilities, all slots Hearing-Based (-½)          

7         1)  Accuracy:  +2 OCV (10 Active Points); Hearing-Based (-½)     

4         2)  Accuracy:  +2 OCV (10 Active Points); Only vs. Ranged Attacks (-1), Hearing-Based (-½)               

7         3)  Attack Tracking:  +2 DCV (10 Active Points); Hearing-Based (-½)         

6         4)  Ranged Attack Tracking:  +3 DCV (15 Active Points); Only Vs. Ranged Attacks (-1), Hearing-Based (-½)   

7         5)  Anticipation:  Lightning Reflexes (+10 DEX to act first with All Attacks) (10 Active Points); Hearing-Based (-½)      

21      6)  Alertness:  Danger Sense (immediate vicinity, out of combat, Function as a Sense) (32 Active Points); Hearing-Based (-½) 16-                                                                                                  

11      7)  Danger Sense Dodging:  Resistant Protection (8 PD/8 ED), Hardened (+¼) (30 Active Points); Requires A Roll (Danger Sense Roll; -½), Instant (-½), Hearing-Based (-½), Nonpersistent (-¼)      0

2         8)  Absolute Range Sense (3 Active Points); Hearing-Based (-½)  

10      9)  They Know Of Any Plans Made Against Them:  Deduction 16- (15 Active Points); Hearing-Based (-½)         

Can Hear Any Sound Carried By The Wind                          

10      1)  Enhanced Hearing:  +5 PER with Hearing Group         0

20      2)  Combat Hearing:  Targeting with Hearing Group          0

18      3)  Parabolic Hearing:  +12 versus Range Modifier for Hearing Group       0

7         4)  Discriminatory Hearing:  Detect Respiration  11-/16- (Hearing Group), Discriminatory     0

30      5)  True Awareness:  Spatial Awareness (Hearing Group), Discriminatory, Analyze  0

81      6)  Clairsentience (Hearing Group), Mobile Perception Point (can move up to 12m per Phase), Persistent (+¼), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½), MegaScale (1m = 100 km; +1 ½) (81 Active Points)           0

1         Long-Lived:  Life Support  (Longevity: 200 Years)            0

Skills

4         WF:  Common Melee Weapons, Common Missile Weapons

3         Defense Maneuver I

7         Analyze:  Sounds 13-

3         Climbing 11-

7         Shadowing 13-

7         Stealth 13-

2         AK: Cymru (Wales) 11-

0         Language:  Coranaid (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)

3         Language:  Welsh (completely fluent)

2         Language:  English (fluent conversation)

1         Language:  Irish (fluent conversation; Similar to Welsh)

Total Powers & Skill Cost:  281

Total Cost:  320

225+     Matching Complications

10      Negative Reputation:  "The First Plague", Frequently (Extreme;  Known Only To A Small Group)

5         Physical Complication:  Small (4-5') (Infrequently; Barely Impairing)

15      Psychological Complication:  Hates Humans (Common; Strong)

10      Social Complication:  Mean, Nasty & Ornery Frequently, Minor

5         Susceptibility:  Extremely Loud Noises 1d6 damage Instant (Uncommon)

30      Susceptibility:  The crushed dust from a certain insect 3d6 damage per Segment (Uncommon)

95      Experience Points

Total Complications Points:  320

TYPICAL EQUIPMENT CARRIED

Spear, Medium

Club

Axe, Small

Bow, Medium

Sling

Heavy Leather Armor

Background/History:  The First Plague that beset the reign of Lludd Llaw Eraint were the Coraniaid, a stunted race of beings who came to Britain and could not be forced out because their hearing was so acute that they could hear any sound the wind touches. Thus did they instantly know of any plans made against them. Indeed it is said their ears were so sharp they could hear arrows and other blows as they moved through the air and thus avoid all harm. Much woe did they cause among the Britons and all action against them seemed impossible. Thus did Lludd cross the water to Gaul and seek aid and advice from his brother Llefelys who was King there. And they did craft a long trumpet that muffled their conversation so that the Coraniaid could not hear their speech. And thus did Llefelys tells Lludd of a certain insect that when crushed up and mixed with water was deadly to the Coraniaid, but harmless to the Britons. Lludd returned to the country with many of the insects and did crush them up and mix them with water. And Lludd called a meeting of all his people and all the Coraniaid, and when all had gathered he threw the mix over the whole crowd, thereby killing the Coraniaid without harming his own people. Thus were the Coraniaid destroyed, but King Lludd did save some of the insects for breeding in the event the plague ever returned to Britain.

Personality/Motivation:  Mean, nasty & ornery, the Coranaid hate humans and wish to displace them from the land.

Powers/Tactics:  The Coranaid's main ability is their unnaturally-acute hearing. The primary narrative effect of their superior hearing is that they can hear any plans being amde against them, making them nearly impossible to surprise. It also allows them to "hear" attacks coming, making them hard to hit in combat, especially at range. They typically wear leather armor and carry a mix of spears, clubs and axes, although they prefer to fight at range with bows and slings.

Campaign Use:  Force your players to get creative in figuring out how to deal with them.

Appearance:  A dwarvish race of beings who average between 4' to 5' in height and stout. Their faces are misshapen and asymmetrical. Their hair ranges in color from dark brown and dark blue to black, and is usually worn long and stringy.

Coraniaid.hdc

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 5:11 PM, bigdamnhero said:

Heh, I can't believe I didn't catch this before, but Prince Kor, Steve's version of the Antichrist in Post-Apoc Hero, is built on 666 points. :rofl:

He's my creation, as is the entire chapter, with Steve's editing. However, credit where it's due, it was Steve's idea to make him 666 points. My first draft came in at like 640, and he quite correctly scolded me for it.  dw

2 hours ago, bigdamnhero said:

Ah, I hadn't caught that was your chapter. Well thanks for writing it - we're all enjoying the heck out of it!

Thanks for playing it! It's not one I've heard people talk about much. And yeah, Steve wrote most of the book- I did "1001" and the zombie material, and I think Jason did one of the mini-settings as well. 

• 1 month later...

I ended up running a one-shot/test run of the Revelations 1001 setting with a local gaming group.  The test run went really well, as I deliberately tried to imitate DnD class features as much as possible- and the players survived. I also built a bunch of different artifacts and relics that they used int he game.

I ended up having to build the Anti-Christ on more than 666 points to make him more of a challenge for the party, but he ended up having 666 experience.  And great work on the setting Darren!  I might even try to write up some kind of adventure or even campaign for it if you'd like (similar to what the late Michael Satran did with a bunch of his works).

Joyeuse:  Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1 1/2d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); OAF Unbreakable (-1), STR Minimum 8 (-1/4)

Holy Lance:  (Total: 49 Active Cost, 17 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (45 Active Points); OAF Unbreakable (-1), STR Minimum 10 (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4) (Real Cost: 16) <b>plus</b> Stretching 3m, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (4 Active Points); OAF Unbreakable (-1), Linked (Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand; -1/2), Always Direct (-1/4), no Noncombat Stretching (-1/4) (Real Cost: 1)

Holy Grail:  Multipower, 60-point reserve,  (60 Active Points); all slots 1 Charge (-2), OAF Unbreakable (-1), Requires Water (-1/2)

1) Cure Disease:  Major Transform 6d6 (sick person into well person, heals back through any normal means that would cause character to contract another disease) (60 Active Points); OAF Unbreakable (-1), No Range (-1/2), Requires Water (-1/2)

2) Remove Blindness:  Major Transform 6d6 (being into sighted being, heals back through any natural means that would cause loss of sight) (60 Active Points); OAF Unbreakable (-1), No Range (-1/2), Requires Water (-1/2)

3) Cure Poison:  Major Transform 6d6 (poisoned person into non-poisoned person,, heals back through being poisoned again) (60 Active Points); OAF Unbreakable (-1), No Range (-1/2), Requires Water (-1/2)

4) Grant Eternal Life:  Major Transform 6d6 (person without LS: Immortality into person with LS: Immortality, heals back by various magical means) (60 Active Points); OAF Unbreakable (-1), No Range (-1/2), Requires Water (-1/2)

5) Healing Water:  Simplified Healing 6d6 (60 Active Points); OAF Unbreakable (-1), Requires Water (-1/2)

Ark of the Covenant:  Killing Attack - Ranged 6d6, +1 Increased STUN Multiplier (+1/4), Area Of Effect (16m Radius; +3/4) (180 Active Points); OAF (-1), Side Effects (if Faith roll failed, attack goes off but it becomes No Range and affects everyone in the same radius size; -1), STR Minimum 15 (-3/4), Requires A Roll (Faith roll; -1/2), Required Multiple Users (2 people; -1/4), Costs x2 END (-1/2) 

The Ark has enough energy for one use, but the PCs can charge it up by using their own END.

Shroud of Turin:  (Total: 54 Active Cost, 37 Real Cost) Resistant Protection 8 PD/8 ED (24 Active Points), OIF (-1/2) (Real Cost: 16); +10 Mental Defense (10 points total) (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) (Real Cost: 7) plus Power Defense (10 points) (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) (Real Cost: 7) <b>plus</b> Life Support  (Immunity All terrestrial poisons; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases) (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) (Real Cost: 7)

Reliquary of the True Cross:  (Total: 60 Active Cost, 30 Real Cost) Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); OAF (-1), 1 Continuing Charge lasting 1 Day (-0) (Real Cost: 15) plus Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); OAF (-1), 1 Continuing Charge lasting 1 Day (-0) (Real Cost: 15)