Heroic Talents

Nothere

The Pulphero book has a large number of "talents" which are powers used to mimic the sometimes inhuman abilities pulp heroes show. But no book can cover them all. What heroic talent would you make?

The most obvious missing one to me is

Knockout tap.

The character is adept at knocking people out with a sneak attack.

+4d6 ha

only when attacking an unsuspecting character from behind. -1

• 1 month later...

I have done a number of variations of "Fast Healer" based on Regeneration.

Fast Healing (Total: 4 Active Cost, 1 Real Cost) Regeneration (1 BODY per Day) (4 Active Points); 6 Charges which Recover every 1 Week (-1 1/4), Requires A Roll (Characteristic roll; Jammed; CON; -1) (Real Cost: 1)Real Cost: 1

Lucius Alexander

Heroic palindromedary

• 3 weeks later...

Dumb Luck:  7pts Luck 3d6 (15 Active Points); Side Effects:  Unluck 3d6, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (-1), 0 end

Once, the character, who had no real combat skills but HAP points coming out of her ears, was drugged into a zombie state and was wandering around a dilapidated shack.  She rolled 2 levels of luck and 1 level unluck and went crashing through the floor. Luckily, her fall was cushioned by a couple of goons, who were knocked out.  And the team found the enemy's hideout when they went looking for her. 

At home anywhere: Cramming (5 Active Points); Limited Power Only for Languages or for Cultural, Area, or City Knowledges (-1), Requires A Roll (Skill roll, -1 per 5 Active Points modifier; Make Conversation Roll at -1; -1), Limited Power Learns by immersion; i.e. can't "cram" from books or instructors, but learns quickly from day to day interactions (-1/2) Real Cost 1

For the globe trotting adventurer.

Weapon Practice Montage: Cramming (5 Active Points); Limited Power Only for Weapon Familiarities (-1)

Weapon Practice Montage (Armsmaster version): Cramming , Usable Nearby (+1/2), Grantor can only grant the power to others (7 Active Points); Limited Power Only for Weapon Familiarities (-1), Conditional Power Must know Skill being taught (-1/4)

"We have two days. I can't make soldiers of you in that time. I CAN teach you to shoot straight."

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary says there's more where that came from.

• 11 months later...

Sure Shot: (Total: 4 Active Cost, 2 Real Cost) +2 with Cover (4 Active Points); Limited Power Must go ahead and take the shot if the roll succeeds. (-1/2), Requires A Roll (15- roll; Must be made each Phase/use; -1/4) (Real Cost: 2)

Note: On a miss, does not expend ammunition, END, or Charges, unless roll was 16 to 18.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromdary says there's more where that came from.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Side effect to Sea Legs: -2 to dex rolls when on land

I've never heard of a sailor being clumsier on land, so I don't consider this valid. I do know a couple people who went on the seas for long periods of time (years) and they weren't clumsy on land.

I would put Sea Legs at: +3 to Dex rolls, only to counter Dex minuses on water.

• 7 months later...

Hard to Hold:  (Total: 10 Active Cost, 4 Real Cost) Extra Limbs  (12), Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1) (10 Active Points); Limited Power Only to always have a hand free when grabbed (-1), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2), Nonpersistent (-1/4) (Real Cost: 4)

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary says "you gotta hand it it to him"

• 7 months later...
5 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

You can go ahead and notify the insurance company of your losses, because this has been _stolen_ from you. :D

Just make it funny.   The more outlandish the effects are,  the more the player can enjoy risking the unluck at every roll.

3 hours ago, kukuli said:

Just make it funny.   The more outlandish the effects are,  the more the player can enjoy risking the unluck at every roll.

Oh, most definitely.

The model in my head is along the lines of inverse levels:  Get a three "6" result on luck?  Get a 1D of Unluck.  Get 1D of Luck?

well, I guess "inverse" explained that all ready.

Just a thought; I'l have to think it through.  But definitely amusing, every time: in keeping with the genre. ;)