Need More HERO

Joe Walsh

Funny!  I say that because my idea of the perfect RPG system entails exactly one book ... of 400 pages or less... resting on a coffee table with no other materials around it.  That's actually -why- I was drawn to Champions: 1st through 3rd Editions were tiny and 4th Edition ended up being exactly what I was looking for, as one book absolutely could do it all.

I think it got kind of ridiculous with 5th Edition (too big) .... and the 2-volume 6th set is absurd in its verbosity ... so colour me pleased to see Champions Complete, since it was a return to what I felt Hero System should be.  You just shouldn't need a crate of books or a directory full of PDF's to play any RPG, IMHO.

One thing I do like abouit 6e. If I have a question about the rules, I can be 99% sure that what I am looking for is there and also with an example that illustrates how something works. 5e base is around the same size as 4e. 5er is much larger. YMMV

I love RPGs that have a TON of supplements. So that I can find anyting I need with game stats (ie I won't have to convert)

YMMV

Here's my Collection. I also have a very substantial miniatures collection. Including Heritage, Grenadier and Swords and Soldiers official Champions Figs.

Nice collection! I'm jealous of your minifigs. I only have a few of the Grenadier blister packs and one of their boxed sets (the Super Heroes one).

And I agree, one of the best things about toolkit games is all the supplements. Lots of great info and premade stuff really helps lessen the workload on a GM.

I'm currently waiting on several more books to be delivered by the USPS but here is the collection as it currently stands.

:)

HM

Yow! I figured you'd have an amazing collection of Hero stuff. :)

I want to get more 5e stuff (since I missed out on that era, I have very little), but I think if I bought it all it'd take up the entire shelf unit! (Meanwhile, 1e-4e fits on one shelf...)

But I also have a couple of books nobody esle in the world has.

Awesome! I love your Pulp Hero cover for the omnibus hardback. A great idea, and you did a good job scanning it in and setting it up.

Nice thing about 5e is that a LOT of the books are still available. Most are also half off here on the Hero Store, which makes them really easy to collect.

Some would say, too easy to collect. :)

But, yes, I'm grateful so much is still available at non-eBay prices. I've been slowly buying things, keeping an eye on stock levels and grabbing things before they run out. Some day, when I figure out where I can put all that stuff, I'll get more serious about it.

(I have about 8 linear feet of Classic Traveller stuff, 4 linear feet of GURPS 1e-3e stuff not in that photo, and about 12 linear feet of other RPG stuff (James Bond 007, BRP, AD&D, B/X D&D, etc., plus my classic video game collection that takes up most of a walk-in closet and a couple of 6' tall shelf units filled with F&SF novels, so space is at a premium. Thank goodness my wife is a gamer, too!)

How does one take a photo of PDFs on a shelf. :P

The same way you record the sound of one hand clapping. ;)

An alternative would be to catalog them on rpggeek.com like this:

http://rpggeek.com/collection/user/HyperMan?rankobjecttype=subtype&rankobjectid=17&columns=title|thumbnail|status|version|rating|bggrating|plays|comment|commands&geekranks=%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09%09%09RPG+Rank%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09%09&ff=1&subtype=rpgitem

:)

HM

Where in the world did you get the last two books?

Back in 2014 I went through a major Lulu phase, pulling together PDFs and making "deluxe" hardcovers for many things. Only a couple of them were Hero System related. Among the other books I had made was this deluxe hardcover collection of the old FASERIP books:

post-49626-0-98568400-1457891264_thumb.jpeg

post-49626-0-88926000-1457891277_thumb.jpeg

These are fat hardcovers with full-color interior pages. Each one cost me about as much as a brand new college textbook, and that's after applying a substantial discount. The fun part was designing the cover graphics and, of course, seeing the final product in all its glory.

These are fat hardcovers with full-color interior pages. Each one cost me about as much as a brand new college textbook, and that's after applying a substantial discount. The fun part was designing the cover graphics and, of course, seeing the final product in all its glory.

You should really rent out your services as a cover designer/PDF compiler. :)

If I get a few minutes I will photograph my collection.  It isn't anything like what you folks have though.

I will also photograph miniatures that I have - only the metal/plastic ones, I definitely have at least 150 painted fantasy characters and monsters.  I have a ton of 'cardboard' cutout options.  One of the best options for fantasy cardboard cutouts is from Inkwell.

Yeah. I've found some of both but I just can't justify the ~$40-$70 prices for something I already have 2 copies of in a very slightly different version. I have a lot of other 'completely new to me' stuff ahead of them on the wishlist for now.

Mythic Egypt just arrived today.

Lands of Mystery and The Trail of the Gold Spike arrived over the weekend.

I also ordered a LOT of 5e stuff recently and most if not all of it shipped first to California then to Jacksonville FL and then back to California.  I live in Clearwater FL (just across the Bay from Tampa).  Some was ordered as far back as Feb 26 and still has not arrived. :(

I'm sure it'll all get here sooner or later though.

:D HM