Wonder Woman

Greywind

I've seen Wonder Woman drawn enough different ways body wise that this really doesn't bother me any more than Hugh Jackman being way taller than classic Wolverine. She's slender, no doubt, but the pics I've seen have shown muscle definition enough for me to buy it.

Admittedly, I can be exceptionally forgiving sometimes. However, in the comments I've heard about Batman V Superman, she's getting a lot of praise for her short time in it, so that speaks well

There are different interpretations, sure, but there's also a general portrayal, and WW is generally portrayed as taller/beefier than Gadot.

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've yet to see a tv/movie Batman or Superman with the physical stature of the comic book characters. Some have come close, but none have truly succeeded, not to my satisfaction. And since I don't think anyone ever will, I have learned to just give up expecting Hollywood to get it right in that department. Maybe one day, when they perfect CG humans and can literally model characters with the correct dimensions, they'll get it right. In the mean time, we just need to look for other qualities in the casting choices, and judge the selected actors on those merits, rather than focusing so much on physicality.

After seeing Batman V Superman, I'm sold on Gadot for the part. She was one of the better parts of the film for me and I am not alone. The audience cheered when they saw her appear in full costume and there is a scene where she smiles in battle which really worked for me.

They wanted a hot "in" actor, so they chose someone who's greatest claim-to-fame was a "Fast and Furious" flick. Incredible.

Yeah. They should have cast Super Lady Jesus from War and Peace the Movie That's Totally Won All the Oscars--

I'm sorry. What does this criticism even mean

It means she only got the role after being noticed in two Fast and Furious films which were successful and thus she has audience recognition from the role rather than any acting ability.

Wonder Woman needs to be someone with a bit more of a build physically. So Chyna would have been ideal physically but her voice rules her out.

After seeing Batman V Superman, I'm sold on Gadot for the part. She was one of the better parts of the film for me and I am not alone. The audience cheered when they saw her appear in full costume and there is a scene where she smiles in battle which really worked for me.

Ditto.  I'm sold on her as WW now.  She is also definitely a 'warrior princess' in battle.

even throwing in a few Xena-like screams for good measure.

The point is that casting someone who looks like they can kick ass (without strategic camera angles/work layered on top to mask deficiencies) is more believable. They'd never cast some skinny little guy to play Superman, even though his strength doesn't come from his muscles.

Gina Carano is a good example. She's not the best actress, so probably not ideal for this film, but she has a good physique for Wonder Woman.