Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

Political Discussion Thread (With Rules)

• Please log in to reply
2650 replies to this topic

#2641 Old Man

Old Man

Youth and skill are no match for old age and treachery.

• 40,151 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:33 PM

s-l225.jpg

• Hermit, st barbara and Iuz the Evil like this
...and that's when the destruction began.

#2642 death tribble

death tribble

Lolth's Pet Mischief Maker

• 29,351 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:34 PM

I have seen the list of people performing for the Inauguration and I am distinctly underwhelmed.

'We will Play Nice !' - The Society of Ben

The Tribble is angry, my friend, very angry.

People are strange when you're a Tribble, faces seem ugly when you're alone.

Dictator and President for Life of the Non Gaming Discussion Forums on Hero Games.

#2643 st barbara

st barbara

Millennial Master

• 3,279 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:43 PM

I have seen the list of people performing for the Inauguration and I am distinctly underwhelmed.

Yeah. You would think that he could at least get The Red Army Choir (or what is left of it !) .

#2644 Armitage

Armitage

Miskatonic U. Librarian

• 1,312 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:07 PM

As I recall, at one point Trump's inaugural committee was supposedly offering diplomatic positions to anyone who could get an A-List celebrity to appear at the inauguration.

...Here it is.

Two talent bookers, who spoke under the condition of anonymity, told the Wrap members of Trump’s Presidential Inaugural Committee contacted them “with offers of cash or even plush diplomatic posts in exchange for locking in singers.”

#2645 Sociotard

Sociotard

Octuple Millennial Master

• 8,043 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:14 PM

It's not uncommon for ambassadorships to "easy countries" to be given as political gifts.  The actual work gets done by the staff, and the "ambassador" lives it up in the embassy, and for the rest of their life they get to use the honorific 'ambassador'.

"The reservation is under Smith. No? Maybe Ambassador Smith. Ah, there it is."

Roster for Archetype Superdraft

I am the one true Sociotard

#2646 Lord Liaden

Lord Liaden

Pointy-headed

• 18,810 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:22 PM

Trump and Putin are both "alpha male" personalities. Maybe that's what Trump finds appealing about him. But the Donald has only played that game when the stakes were financial bragging rights. Putin has literally gambled with his life for much of his career.

If Trump tries to confront him on that level, I predict Putin will eat him alive.

"The purpose of government is governance, not throwing a hissy fit until you finally get your way."

- megaplayboy

#2647 Old Man

Old Man

Youth and skill are no match for old age and treachery.

• 40,151 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:40 PM

I'd argue that he already has.

...and that's when the destruction began.

#2648 Lawnmower Boy

Lawnmower Boy

On the bench

• 3,009 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:38 PM

I'd argue that he already has.

It is  my understanding that the Trump/Putin fan fic, has, in fact, gone in a different direction.

Feh. Logic is overrated gibberish.

#2649 Iuz the Evil

Iuz the Evil

Evil Demigod

• 3,585 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:11 PM

So Mexico extradition of El Chapo timed to give Obama the credit.

Say what you like about him, Barack Obama's tenure boasts an impressive toll on the Nation's enemies. El Chapo now, but Bin Laden and Quaddafi. Plus so many other whose names are less well known.

It's kind of surprising his opponents revile him so much. If he had a different letter after his name they'd be building statutes.
  • tkdguy likes this
"Elections have consequences." -John McCain "Focusing your life solely on making a buck shows a certain poverty of ambition. It asks too little of yourself. Because it's only when you hitch your wagon to something larger than yourself that you realize your true potential." -Barack Obama

#2650 TheDarkness

TheDarkness

Negative of His Only Known Picture

• 1,102 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:55 PM

It's kind of surprising his opponents revile him so much. If he had a different letter after his name they'd be building statutes.

True, but their statutes are often found to be unconstitutional and subsequently struck down.

• Sociotard and tkdguy like this

#2651 Michael Hopcroft

Michael Hopcroft

Your Tax Dollars at Play

• 25,815 posts

Posted Today, 07:59 AM

Portland is getting ready for some massive protests today -- the city is blue-state as blue-state can be and about 30,000 people are planning to take to the streets. It'll do horrible things to traffic, but that's rather the point of a protest. The Mayor has said he wants the marchers to stay off the freeways and light-rail tracks, and the local public transit has a plan to stop buses from going downtown at all if things get out of hand.

Part of me wants to join them.

6th Edition is for entertainment purposes only.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to make crummy re-imaginings.

"Without Love, I'd have no Anger. I wouldn't believe in righteousness." -- Bernie Taupin