Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

Political Discussion Thread (With Rules)

• Please log in to reply
3771 replies to this topic

#3761 eyocum

eyocum

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:47 PM

Stuff at home continues, while Trump is overseas:  https://www.washingt...m=.5a002c078e30

This collusion thing won't go away, as much as he assures us that there's nothing to it, and fake news, and all...

#3762 megaplayboy

megaplayboy

Left Hook of Justice, Esq

• 20,436 posts

Posted Today, 12:05 PM

I feel like we're watching a game of Hangman and this is what we've got so far: TR__T_R.
ROOMMATE WANTED in Northeast DC, beginning January 1st. If interested, please PM me.

#3763 Sociotard

Sociotard

Octuple Millennial Master

• 8,147 posts

Posted Today, 02:23 PM

I saw an interesting proposal: Democrats in the houses of Congress should draw straws to kiss Trumps butt. The guy has a weakness for praise.  Force one or two Democrats to praise him for just the right things, and they could steer him to better policy.

Like this one: Trumps maternity leave proposal.  From what I can read, it looks like the Democrats are opposing it because they oppose Trump in all things, with a thin pretense of opposing it because it doesn't go far enough.  *grumble*grumble*. I don't like Trump either, but even a blind pig finds an acorn once in a while.

Roster for Archetype Superdraft

I am the one true Sociotard

#3764 Old Man

Old Man

Youth and skill are no match for old age and treachery.

• 41,182 posts

Posted Today, 02:45 PM

That's not a bad idea in principle but the Dems who draw those straws are going to be unemployed as soon as their terms are up.  I live in the bluest of deep blue states, practically ultraviolet, but one of our reps actually met with Trump (and Assad) and she is now a lame duck.  That's how toxic Trump is.

...and that's when the destruction began.

#3765 Pattern Ghost

Pattern Ghost

Decuple Millennial Master

• 12,182 posts

Posted Today, 02:54 PM

The article says the family leave plan is part of the budget proposal. Maybe the Dems would support it if it were it's own thing. They probably oppose the rest of the budget plan, so the baby gets tossed out with the bath water.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

This Week in MMOs

#3766 megaplayboy

megaplayboy

Left Hook of Justice, Esq

• 20,436 posts

Posted Today, 03:27 PM

That's not a bad idea in principle but the Dems who draw those straws are going to be unemployed as soon as their terms are up.  I live in the bluest of deep blue states, practically ultraviolet, but one of our reps actually met with Trump (and Assad) and she is now a lame duck.  That's how toxic Trump is.

I kinda suspect that meeting with Assad (and being unnecessarily skeptical about the chemical attack) hurt her more than meeting with Trump.
  • Sociotard likes this
ROOMMATE WANTED in Northeast DC, beginning January 1st. If interested, please PM me.

#3767 Pariah

Pariah

21st Century Schizoid Dad

• 13,825 posts

Posted Today, 03:56 PM

The article says the family leave plan is part of the budget proposal. Maybe the Dems would support it if it were it's own thing. They probably oppose the rest of the budget plan, so the baby gets tossed out with the bath water.

You did that on purpose, didn't you?

Sinclair: "No boom?"
Garibaldi: "No boom."
Ivanova: "No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow."

#3768 Pattern Ghost

Pattern Ghost

Decuple Millennial Master

• 12,182 posts

Posted Today, 04:05 PM

You did that on purpose, didn't you?

:whistle:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

This Week in MMOs

#3769 Old Man

Old Man

• 41,182 posts

Posted Today, 07:06 PM

I kinda suspect that meeting with Assad (and being unnecessarily skeptical about the chemical attack) hurt her more than meeting with Trump.

The Assad meeting did distract from the Trump meeting, but the Trump meeting was plenty, believe me. 

#3770 Old Man

Old Man

• 41,182 posts

Posted Today, 07:57 PM

An analysis of the current budget proposal.  I especially like the way it cuts billions from Medicaid, just like Trump promised he wouldn't.

• Iuz the Evil likes this

#3771 aylwin13

aylwin13

Paladin Mk.II

• 13,516 posts

Posted Today, 08:46 PM

Politicians aren't obligated to live up to their campaign lies, are they?

Cloth shopping bags: the environmentally-friendly way to get your bottled water to your Hummer. - Comedian Heywood Banks

And speaking of Hummers: If you need a war vehicle to drive around town, maybe you need to work on your people skills. - Comedienne Karen Rontowski

#3772 Old Man

Old Man

• 41,182 posts

Posted Today, 09:41 PM

I remember a president waaay back in the early nineties that got into a lot of trouble for making us read his lips while he lied.  And there was another one a few years later that almost lost his job for lying about fellatio.  After that America stopped caring.