Eberron HERO: has anybody taken a swing?

Altair

So, my beloved S/O has decided that she, along with another dear friend of ours, wants to GM something in the Eberron setting. For a variety of reasons, they're considering Hero, probably Fantasy Hero Complete, as the system for this endeavor. I was wondering if anyone had taken a swing at this before, or if there are any recommendations?

A couple things to note:

• This is not supposed to feel like standard D&D. Both GMs harbor a burning hatred for D&D in general, and are definitely not trying to replicate its feel
  • They want different kinds of magic to feel different. Wizards, Sorcerers, Dragonmark magic - all should feel distinct.
  • This is designed to be a political intrigue game, that branches out into the occasional expedition. But courtly intrigue first, monster-thwacking probably third at best.
  • Neither of the GMs has run Hero before, though one of them was a player in my brief wargamey Hero sessions, and enjoyed it quite a bit.
  • Both are very "Simulationist" from a GNS theory perspective - they like solid mechanical representation of things.

Anyway! I was wondering if the Herosphere had any thoughts on the matter?

Thanks, all!

You might get more responses in the Fantasy Hero subforum for this one.

My only familiarity with Eberron is through DDO, so I can't be of too much help.

Killershrike has a lot of good stuff on his site. While he does have some more direct interpretations of various flavors of D&D, you could also just mine the site for ideas on a lot of different magic systems, paying attention to how different advantages and limitations, frameworks, etc. are used to add distinction to the various systems.

Good luck!