Need heroine name

Tech

Okay, I'm stuck. I've got the heroine concept, stats, and so on. I just can't come up with a name.

She's a heroine who knows Kickboxing and Boxing, but her real secret is she knows all of the Yengtao arts. She is currently being hunted by the "man with the eye patch".  If you don't know what the Yengtao arts are, check the "Watchers of the Dragon" sourcebook, or the "Champions Universe" with the Champions group & Mechanon on the cover.

Attached is her picture.

I'm open to the the usual heroic type names, as well as more martial-arts type names, such as Sun Lotus (her being blonde might factor into the name).

So, any suggestions?

post-562-0-38040300-1462460768_thumb.jpg

I think a good character name should match the person's behavior or beliefs. You wouldn't expect someone called Raging Beast to be a soft-spoken pacifist for example.

Other than being hunted, what complications does this woman have? Is she a berserker or rager? Does she have any personal codes, duties, or relevant distinguishing features? Is she a straight up scrapper whose name should strike fear into the hearts of her enemies or is she more of a brick or controller?

Does she have a signature move, attack, or weapon? As Roter Baron mentioned, you could name her after the sword in her picture such as Heaven's Sword, Celestial Blade, or Master Stroke.

Here's her tentative background:

Bridget Larin grew up a lot on military bases, her father being in the military. Being moved around didn’t help fashion her into the nice, gentle little girl her daddy wanted her to be. Instead, she was more headstrong than sweet. Often with nothing to do, she took up learning martial arts from the military instructors. Initially, she started with kickboxing, but as her father got moved from base to base, she eventually learned boxing. Her father didn’t approve of her learning martial arts but it was better than her getting into trouble.  Still, her training complemented each other: one art concentrated on her legs, the other her arms. 

Yet, the moving around continued as she grew up - from America, to China, to Japan. It was in Japan that her life became strange. A local man offered to train her to be better than any military teacher, any classroom could ever do. Going off the base, she trained daily in martial arts she had never heard of. What she didn’t know is she was being trained by one of the few people on the planet who still knew the style.  Her teacher was pleased to find out that even with some of the most demanding of tasks, she refused to give up and pushed herself to excel.

To her, the training was being done in secret but she didn’t ever find out why. One day, her teacher told her that her training was complete and after a small party to celebrate, she left. He didn’t appear to her anymore afterwards, something that had her baffled. A few days later, a package arrived for her. Inside was an intricate dagger and with it, an old parchment that told the tale behind the arts.

The original location of the where the secret martial arts originated had been destroyed by treachery by an evil man, known only as “the man with the eye patch”. The dagger was a unique weapon of the Yengtao arts that is able to pierce almost anything. It was a sign of her satisfactory training, though she was far from being a master in it. The letter also warned her that it was possible she was now in danger from the evil man, as she was now one of the few people left who knew the secret martial arts.

She was old enough to be on her own, being 20 years old. If she was in danger, then she needed to protect herself and her parents. She packed her things, told her father the story she was tired of moving around so often and that she wanted to be on her own now, and left. She has been traveling around a lot herself now, much to her surprise. What keeps her occupied from time to time is finding out more of her past. She has a sense she is in the middle of something mysterious and dangerous, with even more unanswered questions.

Bridget is a pretty, young blonde woman who’s developed something of a headstrong attitude due to being angry of being moved around a lot without having many friends. Whether she is aware of it or not, she has a vast knowledge of fighting arts at her disposal, but she doesn’t see herself as being special (yet). Her own attitude of never-say-die, mixed with her multiple martial arts has helped her form a fighting style of avoiding attacks that makes her very difficult to keep down. Her own willpower helps her to recover quickly from almost any attack that knocks her around, to land on her feet and keep her coming back. (She has Breakfall on a 24 or less.)

Still looking for a name?

How about Waking Blossom?

Waking as she is become more aware of her inane martial skills and Blossom cause she looks fragile as a flower (but isn't).

I'm sure you meant to say "insane" martial skills.  Yes, still looking for a name but I'm thinking about this one.

Sounds to me like the appropriate name for her would be, "Seeker." ;)

BTW in both Watchers of the Dragon and the current official Champions Universe, the destroyer of Yengtao Temple was Cong Feng, aka the would-be crime lord, Jade Phoenix. And he does want to kill anyone else with knowledge of Yengtao techniques. You may still prefer to use eyepatch-guy, but Jade Phoenix would work easily with your concept and is already fully statted (most recently in Champions Villains Vol. 3).

Blue Sunshine

If the costume is indicative, you could go with something very simple: Ao....."Blue."

I was thinking Blue Glory, myself.  Her father's favorite song was "Battle Hymn Of The Republic" and one of his favorite phrases was "Glory, Glory Hallelujah!"  When Bridget stopped her first crime, she could almost hear her father saying the words--and when the cops showed up she said to them before dashing off, "The name's Blue Glory--remember that!  'Cause you're sure gonna hear it again!"

Hope that helps.