Photo
- - - - -

New Kickstarter Project: Michael Satran's Journey to the Center of the Earth!

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Jason S.Walters

Jason S.Walters

Hero Games CEO

• Administrators
  • 216 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 12:20 PM

New from Blackwyrm Publishing /High Rock Press: Michael Satran's Journey to the Center of the Earth! is now live on Kickstarter

"Jules Verne. The Lost World of the Warlord. Doc Savage. The Challengers of the Unknown. The Fantastic Four! The Savage Land! As long as there have been stories about explorers and superbeings, there have been stories of strange underground lands and societies at Earth's Center. This campaign supplement for Champions by veteran game author Michael Satran fits easily into any campaign world - and in glorious full color! It addresses a variety of differing power levels, with many options for adjustment and expansion."

"This softcover campaign supplement for Champions Complete using Hero System 6th Edition rules runs approximately 280 pages, including art and maps. All backers at the $20.00 or more level will also receive a zip file containing not only the PDF of the book, but additional PDFs character sheets and information for Savage Worlds and Mutants & Masterminds as well." 

Attached Thumbnails

• CoverJPEG.jpg

• culhwch likes this

#2 Balabanto

Balabanto

The Classic Avenger!

• 4,114 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:56 PM

13 percent funded as of right now! Can we knock it out by the end of the day?

Hang onto your Hats, True Believers! Because the Brawling Balabanto is back in action. Many of you have forgotten how to say Excelsior! So I will say it for you!

Author: Foxbat For President, War of Worldcraft, Unkindness, Pretty Hate Machines, King of the Mountain, Imaginary Friends, Journey to the Center of the Earth

Hero Supplement In Production: Imperial Throne
On Deck: Legacies: The Campaign Supplement, because you demanded it!

Novels: Hellbow Rune, A Novel of Dark Fantasy

Novel at my Agent: Alison L

o right to all, and wrong no man.

#3 Balabanto

Balabanto

The Classic Avenger!

• 4,114 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:36 PM

Well, we're hitting 16 percent pretty quickly! Who wants to get us to our first thousand?

Hang onto your Hats, True Believers! Because the Brawling Balabanto is back in action. Many of you have forgotten how to say Excelsior! So I will say it for you!

Author: Foxbat For President, War of Worldcraft, Unkindness, Pretty Hate Machines, King of the Mountain, Imaginary Friends, Journey to the Center of the Earth

#4 Balabanto

Balabanto

The Classic Avenger!

• 4,114 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 12:08 AM

901 as of 2 PM. First announcement at $1250 or when I come home from work, whichever comes second.

#5 Balabanto

Balabanto

The Classic Avenger!

• 4,114 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:04 AM

Our first one thousand! Thank you! Now we just need four more!

#6 CaptnStrawberry

CaptnStrawberry

Super-Banana's Scrumptious Sidekick

• 1,227 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 01:28 PM

I backed for a hard copy; looks like lots of fun ideas!.  And seems overdue; the old Invaders from Below supplement was kinda underwhelming.

#7 Balabanto

Balabanto

The Classic Avenger!

• 4,114 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 03:05 PM

I backed for a hard copy; looks like lots of fun ideas!.  And seems overdue; the old Invaders from Below supplement was kinda underwhelming.

Even Mr. Maykrantz gets a nod or two in this book. Trust me. :) And his nod is very hot indeed.

#8 kukuli

kukuli

Skilled Normal

• 85 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:18 PM

Ok, I want in, but I am new to Kickstarter.  How do I add an add on? I'm not seeing instructions on the site.  I want the pdf and Hero Designer files.

#9 Balabanto

Balabanto

The Classic Avenger!

• 4,114 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:35 PM

Simply choose your pledge level, and then modify the amount to include the value of the add-ons. 

#10 Balabanto

Balabanto

The Classic Avenger!

• 4,114 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:50 PM

Here it is! Update #1

Thank you for all of your support and love so far! It's still a long way to the Center of the Earth, but we've got our drills to maximum and we're pressing forward!

As we continue forward, at every ten percent marker until we start hitting stretch goals, we will show you another little piece of Earth's Center. 

They are little pieces. Very little pieces. Earths' Center is very large...:)

Today, a brief piece on the map location of Hunter's Grove.

This city is actually named for Silas Hunter, a 19th century Englishman who founded the city after escaping the surface world to hunt big game. He wandered into the Downways and found paradise at the Center of the Earth. Hunter’s Grove is a city in name only, with towering walls made of wood. Men armed with rifles patrol the walls, eagerly watching for signs of traders and monsters. Most creatures avoid the walled fortress, but the ones that don’t are always the most powerful and dangerous. Most of the people here are lumberjacks, woodsmen, and hunters. Descendants of SPIDER agents mingle with the descendants of explorers and long-time natives. When meat is available, more often than not, people don’t know what they are eating. For people who want to live dangerous lives and hunt unusual animals, this is the place to be. Hunter’s Grove is ruled by a town council that is frequently involved in petty bickering. Human rights are fairly well respected in Hunter’s Grove, however, animal rights are not. 

Today's key phrase is hunting. We hope those of you who are interested in Hunter's Grove will go find some more backers and bring them back. 

We'll see you again at 30 percent, or when we have something important to say, whichever comes first!

#11 Balabanto

Balabanto

The Classic Avenger!

• 4,114 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 11:03 AM

Almost at 30 percent!!! Come help us out!!?

#12 Balabanto

Balabanto

The Classic Avenger!

• 4,114 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 01:41 PM

We have reached 30 percent! Thank you all for being so supportive! We appreciate your business and hope to bring you this project, one giant rock at a time!

Today, at 30 percent, we will give you a description of a unique flora and fauna that can only be found in the world below. We hope you look forward to the rest.

Mind Orchid: This rare orchid, when the perfume is inhaled, makes the breather extremely susceptible to suggestions of all sorts. Treat the plant as a 2d6 EGO Drain with a 1 Day Return Rate (62 Active Points). There are all sorts of plot uses for the rare Mind Orchid, everything from a sinister mastermind who has discovered them and found a way to raise them, to someone experimented on by SPIDER who now has powerful mental abilities.

Appearance: Mind Orchids look like deep reddish orchids with sickly black and gold veins. When the flower is in full bloom, the leaves turn shiny and opalescent. They do not survive well outside tropical environments, and die within 24 hours.

Rhinoceros Cat: The Rhinoceros Cat weighs between 10 and 25 pounds, and obeys most of the characteristics of standard felines. However, rhinoceros cats have two horns growing out of the center of their head, one above the other. The creatures are highly domesticated, and like having their horns scratched. Rhinoceros cats come in many colors, although some are longhairs and some are shorthairs. The creatures behave mostly like standard cats, however, occasionally, they will headbutt their owners, or try to trample them when lying down. Rumor has it that an ancient wizard’s experiment created these creatures, but the purpose of the experiment is lost to time. Rhinoceros cats are everywhere at the Center of the Earth. However, the closer one gets to the Dark Spire, the more numerous the creatures become.

Coming  at  40 percent: The history  of  one  of  the  martial  arts at Earth's Center!!!!

#13 Balabanto

Balabanto

The Classic Avenger!

• 4,114 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:49 PM

What if I want more than one copy of the book, you cry?

If you are backing this project at the $50.00 "Favored by King Reptillon!" level or higher, add $40.00 to your reward tier to receive an extra copy of Journey to the Center of the Earth. (Foreign backers should contact us prior to raising pledge.)

#14 Scott Baker

Scott Baker

One of The First Ones

• 1,677 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:06 PM

What if I want more than one copy of the book, you cry?

If you are backing this project at the $50.00 "Favored by King Reptillon!" level or higher, add $40.00 to your reward tier to receive an extra copy of Journey to the Center of the Earth. (Foreign backers should contact us prior to raising pledge.)

Does that include shipping for the 2nd copy?

Thanks.

"Once you consent to some concession, you can never cancel it and put things back the way they are." - Howard Hughes

#15 Balabanto

Balabanto

The Classic Avenger!

• 4,114 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:08 AM

Does that include shipping for the 2nd copy?

Thanks.

This is why we asked foreign backers to contact us beforehand. Domestically, yes. Foreign shipping rates change drastically.

#16 Balabanto

Balabanto

The Classic Avenger!

• 4,114 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:02 PM

We just hit 50 backers! There are backers-only announcements at these levels. Another backers-only announcement will hit at 75 backers, and another at 100!

#17 Balabanto

Balabanto

The Classic Avenger!

• 4,114 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:34 PM

We've cleared two thousand dollars and are well on our way to three! Thank you very much for all your kind effort and support! There will be another update at 50 percent, or 2500, where we will show you a cool piece of artwork! 

And now, your promised history of one of the martial arts of the Center of the Earth!!!....

The High Duelling Academy of Renaud

History: The Duelling Academy of Renaud was founded by fencing instructors who fled Paris during the French Revolution. While much of the city’s focus was spent building a wall around it to protect the city from outside attack, the prominence of fencers inevitably led to a culture of dueling. Over time, the fencing styles of Renaud led to the development of something new and aggressive. Renaudians combined classical French fencing styles with techniques gleaned from other cultures at Earth’s Center, creating something entirely new and different. The Renaudian Duelling Academy only takes on students who have studied at least one other style of French fencing in many of the lesser dueling schools throughout the city. The Duelling Academy requires a five year course of study as a minimum, though for many students, it takes more. It is considered a great honor among the citizens of Renaud to be considered for the Duelling Academy. Only one student in recent memory came from outside the city. His name was erased from city records by vengeful bureaucrats. The academy prides itself on loyalty to the principles of the city and its government. Traitors to the city, or those that teach the techniques of the High Duelling Academy to outsiders, are treated as traitors and imprisoned deep below the Academy. Traitors who teach the techniques to those of other cities or spread them outside the city are considered enemies of Renaud, and are frequently hunted down. Most are returned to Renaud to face justice. Some are simply murdered. If a dueling academy member is found to be too capable to deal with, proxies will be used to eliminate the threat. At Earth’s center, a Renaudian Duellist is considered a fearsome opponent, and one best left alone. However, despite the academy’s best efforts, techniques and the entire style sometimes slip out, leading to occasional infighting among members of the academy as to the source of the leaks. Honors in the academy are bestowed by the government of Renaud. Often the most lauded swordsman is the most loyal, and not the most capable. This leads to more than a few duels after the awards ceremony is over.

We hope you enjoyed our French expatriates. We're not that far from another cool picture! So hang onto your hats, true believers! Drills to maximum!

#18 Balabanto

Balabanto

The Classic Avenger!

• 4,114 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 01:24 AM

We're at 2330! Who wants to help us get over the halfway mark?

#19 Balabanto

Balabanto

The Classic Avenger!

• 4,114 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 07:46 AM

Halfway Down!

Thank you all for your wonderful support! We are halfway to the Center of the Earth, and this means not only cool art, but a happy dance from the author! (Insert horrifying image of Michael Satran dancing here. For those of you who know what I look like, I'm sorry. For those of you who don't know what I look like, you're lucky.)

Speaking of dancing, we promised you a cool picture, and since there is awful dancing, we will also offer you horrible singing. In honor of previous Champions products, we decided that it was important to have a fourteen foot tall Earth Elemental with a belly oven. However, ours sings very, very badly. 

You must back the project to see new art! We love you guys who aren't backing just as much, but we have to save something special for people who contribute!

#20 Balabanto

Balabanto

The Classic Avenger!

• 4,114 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:15 AM

We're stalled at 55 percent! Can anyone help us get to 60 percent or 75 backers? Announcements generate excitement! Share our kickstarter on your facebook pages! Be center of the Earth proud!