compound linked to running query...

DasComet

Rebooting an old speedster and need some advice please. I'm trying to link a compound power that has a force field, damage shield etc to my running, but I want the lesser compound power to always be "on" when I start running.

The link limitation let's you use the greater power(running) w/ out using the lesser power... that's not what I want as I've said. Do I need to add a trigger?

I wouldn't even count powers built together in a single Compound Power as "1 Power" when comparing Active Points for the Linked Advantage.

Compound Power is primarily a bookkeeping trick used to allow more than 1 power to be placed inside 1 framework slot. In any other situation it is interchangeable withe the "List" feature within Hero Designer (if you are using that software).

Here is a link to my version of a famous speedster with defensive powers linked to their running that you can refer to as well.

http://www.herogames.com/forums/files/file/59-barry-allen-6e-400/

*An html viewable export of the character is available from the download button on that page (Hero Designer is not required).

:)

HM

Thanks for the example Hyper-man.  Although I admit most of it might be over my head because of my using 5e in HD and is the only book I own right now.  Apologies for not making that clear up front.  I might be better off just posting the rough draft I have to give you more of an understanding of what of going for. 

The basic character concept is different from your example speedster, in that the characteristics are not tied to his speed power.  Only his running and "molten skin" are tied to each other, effectively they're the same power or come form the same source.

please note that the powers in the multipower "Comet Carte Blanche" are not tuned or even going to remain there.  Thanks again for any feedback!  

Real Comet.hdc

Interesting combination.  The special effect reminds me of Ghost Rider or Human Torch as a speedster.

My first recommendation would be to separate out the individual mechanics as much as possible.  Look at the "List" option within Hero Designer (located in the same place as Multipower and VPP) as a possible replacement for using the "Compound Power" option.  The "Comet Trail" Ability just seems to have too much stuff stacked on.  The END cost of 9 means that the the character would be burning STUN when they moved 6 Phases in a row.  The Side Effect Limitation appears to be constructed as if it were an Advantage.  Some of the other Multipower slots would be better represented by a Speedster Martial Arts package (the variant I used in both versions of Flash* is one that first appeared in the Ultimate Martial Artist).  The Ultimate Speedster is an invaluable resource for building speedsters using 5e rules.

Here's a link to a much earlier 5e version of the same famous speedster I posted before.  The Multipower works in the same manner as the VPP on the 6e version in that each slot is built on exactly HALF the Active Points of the total Reserve/Pool so that any 2 slots can be active simultaneously.

http://killershrike.com/MiscCharacters/Contributions/Hyper-Man/Supers/JLA/The%20Scarlet%20Speedster.html

http://killershrike.com/MiscCharacters/Contributions/Hyper-Man/Supers/JLA/The%20Scarlet%20Speedster.hdc

HM