Bitten by worldbuilding bug; favorite resources?

Manic Typist

That pretty much describes my process. I am NOT a visual artist though. :)

Ot does help though. Like for instance, before -play I will generate a few pages of sketches of character faces, and then turn them into NPC's based on what the face tells me about them. A lot of my notes are just pages of faces with names written below them and maybe another note about their associations, or a single page will be on "People associated with the Grand Church in the Capital", various priests, guards,  Sisters, and laypeople.  Sometimes for player's benefits I wll sketch out losely a street scene or a vista. Then comes the research and the back filling.(and the stats and building XD)

I tend to make characters in video games. Lots of characters spanning lots of games. I have used character images from Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, New Vegas, and 4, Area 51 (the one that David Duchovny provided an absolutely terrible voice performance in), and Thief: Deadly Shadows (where my avatar comes from). I've used spaceships from the X series of games and Wing Commander Privateer. Though I haven't played Eve online, I've used screen grabs of ships from there, as well. All those things give me inspiration to build campaigns. So, while I am not a visual artist, there are plenty of tools I use to circumvent my utter lack of talent.

Well, I am pretty okay at making maps. There are certainly people that are better, but I like most of the ones I've made.