Darren Watts

Pre-Kickstart Thread for Golden Age Champions

I'd like to see a section in the book on converting existing CU villains into their Golden Age equivalents, which would give a setting a nice Earth 2 feeling when compared to the regular CU. It doesn't have to be more than a few sentences on how their origins or MO have changed to reflect a Golden Age feeling. That would allow the villains books to be used with a bit of tweaking.

I think one of the previous Golden Age Champions books talked about this, but I can't recall which one.

For fun, I've been reading one of those conspiracy theory books, and as you would expect it has a few entries on the Third Reich.  The Vril, the Black Sun: secret occult societies in contact with extraterrestrials/interdimensional beings.  Covens of mysterious, beautiful women as the contact conduits, giving Germany a leg up.  Why didn't they win?  Golden Age supers, of course! :winkgrin:

In general I'd like 36 (6d6!) first and last names of German and Japanese people.  Let me be specific.  36 popular boys first names in German.  36 popular girls first names in German.  36 popular boys first names in Japanese.  36 popular girls first names in Japanese.  36 German last names.  36 Japanese last names.

This in particular is an excellent idea, so swiped (with Italians and Russians also included)! I'll thank you in the credits as well. dw

In general I'd like 36 (6d6!) first and last names of German and Japanese people.  Let me be specific.  36 popular boys first names in German.  36 popular girls first names in German.  36 popular boys first names in Japanese.  36 popular girls first names in Japanese.  36 German last names.  36 Japanese last names.

Meh. I can always pull that up (or at least something close enough) online. If you include it, great - I'll use it. But it wouldn't be high on my want list FWIW.

Personally, I do want it. It won't take up much space, it's relevant to making PCs and NPCs for this setting, and it's appropriate to this kind of package IMHO. Everything directly applicable in one book, says I. It's the kind of thing some people will complain is missing from a game for campaigning during WW II, so why not forestall that?

Jumping in late on the thread, but I third the idea of having HD packs as a stretch goal.  Especially for wunderwaffen -- I used Die Glocke in a story I wrote once strictly as a Plot Device, and would like to see how best to actually use it in a game or campaign arc.

Not to sound like a nag, but August has come and gone without the hoped-for Kickstarter announcement. I fully understand unexpected delays, but I would welcome confirmation that the project is still on track. :bounce:

what he said.....

From talking to both Darren and Jason, I believe the Golden Age Kickstarter is now scheduled for early October. However that might have changed.

My guess (and it is only a guess) is that Jason wanted to get Strike Force and Journey to the Center of the Earth out of the way before launching the Golden Age Kickstarter.

Yup! We're still working on it. Jason's time was consumed by finishing various other projects, but he's back on this - in fact, the Kickstarter page is done except for the video, which is still being worked on. Since I won't have access to the Gencon crowd I'd originally hoped for, instead I'm trying to plan it so that the campaign is going on when I have back-to-back convention appearances in early November (Metatopia, the show I help run, and then U-Con, which Shane is staff for). Don't worry, once this is ready to go you won't be able to get me to shut up about it! dw

Filmology

Axis Power Hetalia: A comedy series about the personifications of countries, originally set durring World War 2, but it goes back and forth through time and space. You actually get some history in this series (but don't use it to ace your history tests, or your going to get a D).

Captian America: The First Avenger.

Batman (serial). A typical serial set in this erra and having a Japanese villain. Other serials to watch are Captian America, Captian Marvel, and the Blackhawks (they had a serial, right?).

The Indiana Jones Series.

Let's get this one up to $42, 500 level.  Then we will get a full color hard cover book and the Golden Age Annex, a collection of essays about the Golden Age of comics by people such as Steve Long, Bruce Harlick, and me. 

Also, the project includes PDF character sheets for Mutants & Masterminds and Savage Worlds, so don't forget to tell your friends who are fans of those systems as well. In fact, if you know anybody who loves Golden Age comics or Golden Age superhero role-playing (in any system), I think they will find lots here.

And remember, at certain levels, you also get the Encyclopedia of Golden Age Superheroes by the wonderful Jess Nevins.