Darren Watts

Pre-Kickstart Thread for Golden Age Champions

I'm hearing from a number of friends and allies that they've marked the kickstart to remind them later, or are waiting for better financial circumstances like a forthcoming paycheck to back us. While I don't quite get that strategy (after all, KS doesn't charge you until we fund or don't on the 17th), I do hold out some hope for a late rush...

I'm hearing from a number of friends and allies that they've marked the kickstart to remind them later, or are waiting for better financial circumstances like a forthcoming paycheck to back us. While I don't quite get that strategy (after all, KS doesn't charge you until we fund or don't on the 17th), I do hold out some hope for a late rush...

If money is an issue, then the reminder seems valid since you'll be looking at whether you can afford to back right before the end of the campaign. If you back earlier you run the risk of not being able to afford it when the campaign closes. If you set a reminder and back it anyway, then the campaign can get hit with a drop in pledges as people discover they really can't afford it.

If money isn't the issue, my (admittedly limited) experience is that those who set a reminder aren't sure they're going to back at all.

Personally, I just pledge my top amount up-front and be done with it for campaigns I know I'm going to back. Since I tend to track the progress of campaigns I back, I suppose I might follow LL's example at the end of the campaign if I felt very strongly about making sure it funded.

83% funded now. It's going to be close, it looks like.

Things (normally) pick up during the last week,  and that's almost 34 hours from now. I wouldn't count on any stretch goals, but I'm not too worried about it funding. And if there really are a lot of people with reminders set as Darren mentioned, all of the real action may be in the last 48 hours.

Thank you, its been a long time since I was playing Champions and I think a Golden Age game would be a perfect introduction to the genre for some of my newer players (fantasy rpgs only for most of them).

And now I have my backer's PDF copy of the completed book. Haven't finished a detailed reading yet, and not to give too much away before it's available to the public... but I'm very happy. As both a campaign setting and a guide to supers gaming in the Golden Age, it's reeeaaally good. :D

Let me just add that that first feature is enhanced if you're already familiar with the official Champions Universe setting. It isn't in any way necessary to use what's in GAC, but they definitely feed into and enrich each other.